69. Be creatively persistent. Bachata dancers Ataca y La Alemana (Jorge Burgos & Tanja Kensinger) on using YouTube fame to build a business in latin dance.
Jorge and Tanja wanted to travel the world, dance and party. It turns out, they were able to do that and make more money than they ever imagined they would. Jorge and Tanja wanted to make it as a professional Salsa dancing couple. They aspired to travel the Salsa circuit, to perform in competitions, and they figured they could make ends meet teaching classes in their home city. But the Salsa world was crowded. To make their debut as a dancing couple, they found they couldn't get a slot as Salsa performers. So, they put together a performance dancing Bachata. Bachata is a Dominican style of music first recorded in the 1960's. (Medicina De Amor is played at this point in the intro.) In recent years, Bachata has been remixed with current pop hits. Bachata is kind of Salsa's little cousin. (Latch Bachata Remix is played at this point in the intro.) Bachata wasn't as popular as Salsa, so Jorge and Tanja were able to make an appearance. The performance – danced to Xtreme's "Te Extraño" – ended up on YouTube. And it exploded. Their debut performance has amassed nearly 100 million views, and it's launched Jorge and Tanja – and Bachata dancing – into super stardom. Today, 9 years later, Jorge Burgos and Tanja Kensinger are known as Ataca y La Alemana (joint Instagram). They're Bachata royalty. They travel the world, run conferences, and their dance company, Island Touch, has dance teams all over the world. Sponsorshttp://freshbooks.com/loveyourwork Show notes: http://kadavy.net/blog/posts/ataca-la-alemana-interview/view more
113. 6-Figure Self-Publishing: Joanna Penn of The Creative Penn
112. Never Stop Learning: The Skills of Self-Publishing
111. Jordan Harbinger of The Art of Charm
110. Making Money on STEEM and Steemit: A Beginner's Guide to Earning Cryptocurrency on the Blockchain
BONUS: Listen to The Heart to Start audiobook free on Audible (visit: kadavy.net/audible)
109. Die Empty. Todd Henry of The Accidental Creative
108. Start Your Masterpiece in 2018: Three Easy Ways
107. Build Good Habits in 2018: Stanford Behavioral Scientist BJ Fogg
106. Sample Chapter: The Linear Work Distortion
105. Are You an Old Master, or a Young Genius? David W. Galenson.