Change is inevitable, but what is it like navigating life changes as a speaker? Our guest for today's episode of The Speaker Lab shares her journey. She's someone you know and love - Ms. Melanie Deziel.
Since her last visit to the show, she's had some major life changes: like becoming pregnant! Having a child is a major life event and she'll tell us how she's changing her speaking business as a result.
Listen in to hear how to navigate a significant change like having a child or any other major life milestone on episode 251 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOWWhat was the most important question she asked herself? Are there speaking options that don't require travel? What was one of her fears about sharing her pregnancy? How has she navigated planning and booking gigs around her due date? What elements has she ramped up to offset the lack of speaking gigs? Why did she create a remote mastermind group? Should you charge a higher fee to compensate for having fewer gigs? How to share expectations with your significant other and family about travel and speaking gigs. And much, much more!
EPISODE RESOURCES Melanie Deziel's website Melanie Deziel's book Melanie Deziel on LinkedIn Melanie Deziel on Twitter Melanie Deziel on Instagram Episode 203 of The Speaker Lab Episode 202 of The Speaker Lab Episode 192 of The Speaker Lab Episode 191 of The Speaker Lab Episode 190 of The Speaker Lab Episode 187 of The Speaker Lab Episode 186 of The Speaker Lab Episode 185 of The Speaker Lab Episode 174 of The Speaker Lab Episode 173 of The Speaker Lab Episode 172 of The Speaker Lab Episode 171 of The Speaker Lab Episode 51 of The Speaker Lab Booked and Paid to Speak elite program Got questions? Send them in here Email me! Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review
260. Is Your Speaking Topic Financially Viable with Clay Hebert
259. How to Stay Relevant with Scott Stratten
258. 5 Parts to a Successful Event with Chris Mefford
257. How to Create a Speaking Pipeline with Erick Rheam
256. The Five Most Common Fears Among Speakers with Erick Rheam
255. Speaking Your Life's Story with Josh Sundquist
254. The Financial Side of Speaking with Mike Michalowicz
253. How to Change Target Audiences with Vanessa Van Edwards
252. Cultivating Relationships as a Speaker with Harriet Turk
250. Create and Use New Speaking Material with Ron Tite
249. A Day in The Life of a Professional Speaker
248. Leverage Your Network
247. Selling Yourself as a Speaker
246. Free to Focus with Michael Hyatt
245. What Event Planners Look For in a Speaker, with Josh McGhee
244. How to Leverage YouTube For More Speaking Gigs with Amy Landino
243. How to Make a Good First Impression with Sylvie di Giusto
242. The Current State of the Speaking Market with Brandon Edmondson
241. Creating Your Speaking Brand with Rick Clemons
Job Search & Career Help RIGHT NOW - Anthony Hines -
Truck Driver 101.com
The Law School Show