In this episode Neil turns the British Isles upside down! Travelling to Orkney, off the north-east tip of Scotland, he uncovers ancient burial tombs, ceremonial halls and gives us a glimpse of an influential powerhouse long hidden by time.
As he tells the story of the profound changes this once formidable centre of influence has undergone, Neil unravels the lessons history tells us and the pointers it gives to what may lay ahead in the future.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
55. England & Scotland United! St Giles’ Cathedral, Edinburgh.
54. The Pitchfork Rebellion, Somerset.
53. Civil War! Lansdown Hill, Bath.
52. Civil War Coming! Greyfriars Kirkyard, Edinburgh
51. White Slavery, Dunashad Castle
50. Shakespeare & the Globe Theatre, London
49. Hampton Court Palace
48. The Spanish Armada, the Giant’s Causeway
47. Elizabeth I & the Spanish Armada
46. Francis Drake and the Golden Hind, Aldeburgh
45. The Battle of Flodden, Northumberland
44. Scotland’s Silver Brooch, Stirling
43. The League of Legends, Kings Lynn
42. Lost in the Mire, Morecambe Bay Sands, Lancashire
41. Last Stands of the Brave, Harlech Castle
40. The Wars of the Roses, Westminister Abbey
39. Making A King, Robert the Bruce
38. Europe’s Oldest Living Thing, Perthshire
37. Glastonbury, Somerset
36. Robert the Bruce and the Declaration of Arbroath
Dan Snow's History Hit
Fortunately... with Fi and Jane
History Extra podcast
World of Warships Podcast
The Political History of the United States
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com