98. SMELLS LIKE COMMUNITY SPIRIT: bridging the intergenerational divide
Hello! This week we talk to two inspiring organisations getting people involved in their communities to break down divides and tackle loneliness. We’re joined by Alex Smith from the Cares Family, a charity bringing young professionals together with older people, and Ivo Gormley from GoodGym, which encourages people to combine exercise with doing good. Then Emma and Joyce from Bristol tell us about the impact that GoodGym has had on them.
Comedian Joe Bor want's to see a hairier Love Island, no drinking pressure, no more joke theft and financial incentives for getting fitFor information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy
58. PLASTIC, PLASTIC EVERYWHERE: what do we do?
57. THE OWNERSHIP SHIFT
56. LAST EDITION? how to ensure quality journalism in the digital age
55. LIVING FOR THE (THREE DAY) WEEKEND
54. THE ABC OF AI: How can technology help humanity?
53. PROSPERITY AND JUSTICE: Shaking up the economy for social change
52. THE QUIET RENEWABLES REVOLUTION
51. FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Not for the bin
50. REVERSING THE CYCLE OF GANG VIOLENCE: Lessons from Scotland
49. BIG DATA CAN IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH
48. PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: remaking our welfare state
47. IDEAS FOR THE ANTHROPOCENE: humankind respecting the Earth
46. WON’T YOU TAKE ME TO FUNKY TOWN: power and prosperity in towns
45. BLOCKCHAIN PARTY: Can it be a force for good?
CHEERFUL IN EDINBURGH - NEXT WEEKEND (4th/5th AUGUST)
44. THE ONLY WAY IS ETHICS: Businesses with a social purpose
43. LEARNING FOR LIFE: what should a national education service do?
42. TECH FOR GOOD
41. SMOOTH CO-OPERATORS: the power of co-ops to transform society
40. SILICON VALLEY SERFS: protecting kids from tech overload