59. The power of self-fidelity: How to be true to yourself and thrive professionally - with Author Cassandra Goodman.
Cassandra Goodman has defined self-fidelity as the practice of being true to yourself. And she wants us to cultivate the capacity to be faithful to our true, essential nature. She says, “We have already addressed self-compassion, self-love, so why not self-fidelity and being faithful to ourselves?”. This idea that we can reconnect with our own nature and rebuild the faith in ourselves can be a wonderful exploration to professionals who are job hunting or reflecting on the next steps to take with their careers. So, I invited Cassandra for a chat about her new book, Self-Fidelity, which inspired me so much in 2020. I believe it’s a must-read for job hunters.
Want to win a copy of Cassandra Goodman’s new book?
About our guest, Cassandra Goodman:
Cassandra Goodman is guided by an aspiration to generously serve in order to uplift life. Cassandra loves supporting people to reconnect with their true nature and redefine success. She has three decades of business experience across multiple industries and has held many different senior leadership roles, including Global Director of Employee Experience at a healthcare company where she was responsible for activating the organization’s purpose ‘Longer, Healthier, Happier Lives’ for their 86,000 employees across the world. Cassandra’s work is ever-evolving and spans a portfolio of coaching, consulting, writing, and speaking. Her first book, Self-Fidelity, was released in December 2020. Cassandra is married, has two young sons, and can often be spotted on the streets of Melbourne cruising between lively conversations on her bright red pushbike. Click here to learn more about Cassandra and her new book, Self-Fidelity (use code JOBHUNTING for free shipping).
I always leave the casual chit chat in the beginning, because as a podcast listener myself, I love it in other shows, as the juicy content. But if you’re not into being a fly on the wall, use the timestamps and skip ahead to the topics of interest to you.
Links mentioned in this episode:
About your host:
Hello, and welcome! I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I’m also a virtual career coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach professionals in the corporate, non-profit, and public sectors the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you ready and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you.
In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I've created a series of free tools and resources. I developed a range of services for professionals in career or job transition. And, of course, I also coach private clients. So there is no excuse – I’m determined to help you! I want you to feel empowered, nail your next job, and have the career you want.
Free tools & where to listen to The Job Hunting Podcast:
Please support this podcast: Follow, subscribe, rate, and review:
We’re giving two copies of Self-Fidelity to the first two listeners who write a new iTunes review. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your contact details so we can send you a copy!
Please consider reviewing my show and giving it a 5-star rating on iTunes. It's one of the best gifts one can be a podcaster, and I'll be so happy you wouldn't believe it! When you write a review and give it five stars, it helps the podcast reach more people like you who want guidance and support in job hunting and career advancement.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select "Write a review." Then let me know in a few words what you think about the show and how it has helped you. And if you haven't already, don't forget to subscribe!
Enjoy the episode and ciao for now
Renata Bernarde | Virtual Coach | Career Management Strategist | Job Hunting Expert
Founder & Chief Coach, Pantala Academy
Managing Director, Pantala Pty Ltd
Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
103. How to make successful career transitions
102. How to feel motivated when looking for work.
101. What an executive resume should look like.
100. Fear of success: Why it happens and how to overcome it.
98. Why are we still not seeing more women in senior roles? with Carly Moulang and Alessandro Guio
99. Attracting and hiring top talent with Nick Birbilis
97. Two career experts discuss what makes professionals successful at job-hunting - with Mac Prichard.
96. Recruitment and selection without resumes - with Dina Bayasanova Ph.D
95. Why it’s important job hunters find their niche.
94. The 3 critical mistakes job seekers make during a recruitment process: feedback from recruiters.
93. The one thing every successful executive has in common.
92. How to get the job you want and bring your dream career to life.
91. How executives can become strategic with their LinkedIn presence.
90. The changing role of sales: Purpose, burnout, building partnerships, and the post-pandemic environment - with Peta Sitcheff
89. Don't quit your job: 5 strategies to manage your current awful job while you look for another.
88. Don't be afraid of career success: How we self-sabotage our careers.
87. Career health check: What to do and what not to do to keep your career healthy over time.
86. Recruitment, selection, and the theory of evolution: Lessons from the natural world to achieve career success.
85. The best nutrition for job hunters, featuring Michele Chevalley Hedge.
84. How to maintain a positive professional reputation to achieve career success (Executive presence part 3)
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com