Society & Culture:Places & Travel
The Friday Rewind 4: From Bio Bubbles in Phuket to Flight Refund Woes in Philippines and Opening Prisons to Tourists
In episode 4 of The Friday Rewind, Gary and Hannah take a 15-minute zoom through 5 major talking points in South East Asian travel from the past 7 days. Today’s topics are:
1) Japan Takes a Travel Restrictions Mini Tour - The Japanese foreign minister concludes limited border movement deals with 5 countries in South East Asia.
2) Long-Stay Tourism is Safe & Sealed in Thailand - Phuket is selected as a pilot Bio Bubble destination for charter flight tourists from 4 countries in Asia and 3 from Europe.
3) Will Malaysian Borders Stay Shut Until 2021? - The prospects for inbound and outbound travel are receding into the distance, although the government is still floating the notion of selected Travel Bubbles.
4) Philippine Travel Firms Plead for a Lifeline - The return of flight cancellation refunds continues to weigh heavily on travel agencies, who are calling for more financial support.
5) Signs of Tourism Imagination in Fire Stations & Prisons - Innovative travel concepts in Malaysia and Thailand suggest that the creative spirit remains alive even though borders are slammed shut.
22 for 2022: A Wishlist for Travel & Tourism in ASEAN - Part II
Producing Travel Shows in Lombok, with Josh Edwards
22 For 2022: A Wishlist for Travel & Tourism in ASEAN - Part I
2022: The Current State of Travel & Tourism in South East Asia
2021 in Review: The Good, The Bad & The Delta Variant
The SEA Travel News Show: What’s it Like Flying From ASEAN to Australia in a Pandemic?
The SEA Travel News Show: South East Asia Retreats from Travel (Again!)
Omicron Strikes Fear into South East Asia
The SEA Travel News Show: Riding the China-Laos Railway
Checking the Travel & Hotel Booking Pulse in South East Asia, with Dan Lynn
The SEA Travel News Show: Cambodia Reopens to the World
The Highs & COVID-era Lows of Bangkok‘s Restaurant Scene, with Jarrett Wrisley
The SEA Travel News Show: An Extraordinary Week of Travel Announcements in Malaysia
Slow Travel, Cultural Heritage & Nature Filmmaking in South East Asia, with Kamila Delart
The SEA Travel News Show: Two Months To Rescue Travel & Tourism in 2021!
Destination 2022: The Maldives Hits 1 Million Visitors This Year - What Happens Next?, with Ruth Franklin
Destination 2022: Australia Gets Ready to Reopen - What Happens Next?, with Simon Westaway
Destination 2022: All Eyes On Bali - What Happens Next?, with the Bali Hotels Association
Destination 2022: How Will South Korea Leverage K-Culture in Tourism?, with Dr Jaeyeon Choe
7 Days of Travel Drama in South East Asia!
Monsters Among Us Podcast
The Atlas Obscura Podcast
The Expat Files: Living in Latin America
Be Our Guest WDW Podcast
Copyright © 2006-2022 Podbean.com