Hey friends! We're back, and it looks like we're actually on track to maintain some semblance of a schedule.
Today we're starting a series on not so much Jack the Ripper, but on the victims of Jack the Ripper and the environment that enabled their murders and the poor publicity after the fact.
In this first episode we mostly talk about how shitty it was to live in poverty in Victorian London and how the story we all know may not be the actual truth.
90% of the research for this series was taken from The Five, by Hallie Rubenhold. It is incredibly well researched and well written and I highly recommend it if you're at all interested in the subject.
Promo: Microphones and Monsters @ https://microphonesandmonsters.com
44. Annie - The Victims of Jack the Ripper
43. Polly - The Victims of Jack the Ripper
42. Jack the Ripper ep 2 - The Whitechapel Murders
40. The History of Slashers
39. The Ghost Ship Palatine - Featuring Mike from Boston Harbor Horror
38. PIC Intro: We Got It From You, Mom!
37. Supernovas Interruptus: Interview with Tamara Young (Alix's Mom)
36. The Attica Prison Uprising Part 2: The Uprising
35. The Attica Prison Uprising Part 1: The lead up
34. Bruce McArthur; a modern serial killer
33. The CDC's Zombie Survival Guide
32. The Final Clown
31. Sad Clowns and Terrible Tragedies
30. Racism: One More Reason to Hate Clowns
29. Clowns Where?
28. The First Clown
27. Tragedy, Comedy, and Jesters
26. Tricksters - The Proto Clown
25. The Candy Man Part 3: several mostly bad endings
The Lawyer‘s Daughter | The Golden State Killer
Grinding true crime
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com