From a very young age, I remember my favorite play game was to pretend I was working. I was the teacher, the secretary, the horse-jumping instructor! My barbies were doctors and vets, and this was before you could actually buy a “professional” Barbie! My family had great aspirations for me, and those involved me getting a job and being successful at it. I started working very young and became very independent; I never looked back. It's been great for me, and I encouraged my kids to do the same.
In this episode, you'll listen to me explain the steps my husband and I took to move to Australia and why we did it. It's great sharing my story on the podcast, as many people ask me about it: why I’ve moved to Australia, why and how I changed jobs, and how I got to where I am now.
In this Facebook Live, which we have now edited into a podcast, I focused on what I believe was my key challenges along the way: finding a career in a new country and juggling career and family.
Here are some key takeaways from what I learned along the way:
In sharing my story, I hope to inspire you and encourage you wherever you may be in your path right now.
Free Optimized Job Search Schedule and Workshop - Holiday Edition
You can download the Optimized Job Search Schedule for free: a workbook I designed especially for the Holiday Season. It includes three weekly routines you can choose from to continue your job search during December-January. The workbook has an extra page for you to design your personalized routine that suits your needs. Still, the beauty is I’m giving you all the tips and listing all the essential activities you need to include, and giving you the flexibility to choose your best routine, no matter much or how little time you have, your job search schedule will suit you to a tea!
Free tools & where to listen to The Job Hunting Podcast:
About your host:
Hello, and welcome! I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I’m also a virtual career coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach professionals in the corporate, non-profit, and public sectors the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you ready and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you.
In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I've created a series of free tools and resources. I developed a range of services for professionals in career or job transition. And, of course, I also coach private clients. So there is no excuse – I’m determined to help you! I want you to feel empowered, nail your next job, and have the career you want.
Please support this podcast: Follow, subscribe, rate, and review:
Please consider reviewing my show and giving it a 5-star rating on iTunes. It's one of the best gifts one can be a podcaster, and I'll be so happy you wouldn't believe it! When you write a review and give it five stars, it helps the podcast reach more people like you who want guidance and support in job hunting and career advancement.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select "Write a review." Then let me know in a few words what you think about the show and how it has helped you. And if you haven't already, don't forget to subscribe!
Enjoy the episode and ciao for now
Renata Bernarde | Virtual Coach | Career Management Strategist | Job Hunting Expert
Founder & Chief Coach, Pantala Academy
Managing Director, Pantala Pty Ltd
Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
104. Want to become a board director? Part 1 interview with Moana Weir
103. How to make successful career transitions
102. How to feel motivated when looking for work.
101. What an executive resume should look like.
100. Fear of success: Why it happens and how to overcome it.
98. Why are we still not seeing more women in senior roles? with Carly Moulang and Alessandro Guio
99. Attracting and hiring top talent with Nick Birbilis
97. Two career experts discuss what makes professionals successful at job-hunting - with Mac Prichard.
96. Recruitment and selection without resumes - with Dina Bayasanova Ph.D
95. Why it’s important job hunters find their niche.
94. The 3 critical mistakes job seekers make during a recruitment process: feedback from recruiters.
93. The one thing every successful executive has in common.
92. How to get the job you want and bring your dream career to life.
91. How executives can become strategic with their LinkedIn presence.
90. The changing role of sales: Purpose, burnout, building partnerships, and the post-pandemic environment - with Peta Sitcheff
89. Don't quit your job: 5 strategies to manage your current awful job while you look for another.
88. Don't be afraid of career success: How we self-sabotage our careers.
87. Career health check: What to do and what not to do to keep your career healthy over time.
86. Recruitment, selection, and the theory of evolution: Lessons from the natural world to achieve career success.
85. The best nutrition for job hunters, featuring Michele Chevalley Hedge.
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com