9. Waiving Right to Arbitration; Handling Insurance Company Claim; 9th Circuit Court of Appeal Arbitration; CAFA; SoCal Gas Leak Case; Mandatory Fee Arbitrations Over Attorney Fees
Brian and Shant discuss a defendant waiving their right to arbitration, handling a claim with an insurance company and not signing over rights, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal arbitration, Class Action Fairness Act, Porter Ranch & SoCal gas leak case, and mandatory fee arbitrations & whether or not it's appealable when you get an order denying trying to compel arbitration over attorney's fees.
Have questions for us? You can reach us at 213-217-5000, or visit our website at www.kbklawyers.com.
BONUS CONTENT: Interview with Robert Simon at the 2019 CAALA Convention in Las Vegas
17. The End of Labor Code Section 558; Bad News for California Employees
16. Notice Prejudice Case; Removal Case; Privacy Rights; Driver Privacy Protection Act; Arbitration of UCL Claim; Trail Immunity
15. Small Inflatable Pools; Good News For Lawyers Handling Consumer Class Actions.
14. Beating MSJ in a Discrimination Case; Successfully Fending Off Arbitration By Arguing Waiver
13. Breach of Confidentiality Clause; J&J Talc Case; Personal Injury Case; A Rogue Juror; Abuse Case; Insurance Case & Interpreting Contracts
12. FEHA; Attorneys Fees in Lemon Law Cases; Medicare in Personal Injury Cases; Attorney Fees in Civil Rights Action; RFAs; Burden of Proof for Reducing Future Damage Awarded
11. Facebook & The Telephone Consumer Protection Act; Lawyers Getting Petty; Professional Negligence & CPAs; Clarifying Rule 4-2; Manhattan Community Access Corp Case
10. Case Certification; Insurance Case; Decertification and Standing; UCL Claim; Civility and the Law
8. Class Action Fairness Act; Treble Damages Under Penal Code; Failure to Prosecute; Picking Off Class Representatives; One-Way Attorney Fee Statute
7. Arbitration; Primary Assumption of Risk; Insurance Cases
6. Juror Misconduct & Collateral Source Rule; Forum Selection Clauses; 5 Year Rule in A "Death Knell" Doctrine; Uninsured Motorists Within an Umbrella Policy; PAGA & Claim Splitting
5. Good News in Trucking Employment Cases; Cautionary Tales About Deadlines
4. SCOTUS Ruling in Epic Systems in PAGA Cases; Denying Class Certification; Religious Org. Exemption; Relief Under CCP 473b; Elder Abuse Cases; Deadlines for Removing Fed. Court Case
3. Cy Pres; Default Judgment PAGA Cases; Declarations in Malpractice; DQ of Lawyers in Partnership Disputes; Self-Insured Retention & Coverage; Liability of a Fraternity
2. Equitable Tolling; Piece Rate Work & Meal Breaks; Application of Forum Selection Clauses; Seeking Disqualification of Lawyers; Post-PAGA Actions
1. Enforcing Arbitration Clauses; Challenging Judges; Expert Declarations; False Advertising Claims; Construction Defect Class Actions
Introducing: Civil Action with Brian & Shant
Code and preview