On today's episode, Sceptically Inclined is joined by special guest Marc Abrahams, founder of the Ig Nobel Prize and editor of the Annals of Improbable Research.
The guys find out the concept behind the Ig Nobel Prizes, the process of becoming a winner and how it is seen within the science community. Marc discusses this years ceremony and the logistics of organising a ceremony during a pandemic. Evan and Tom reflect on the 2020 winners with Marc which vary from misophonia and narcissism to knives made of poo.
47. Mushrooms, Sperm Counts & Dyslexia
46. The ”Experimental Treatment” for Long Covid
45. Egg and Sperm No More?
44. Season 2 Finale
43. Gen(i)e In A Bottle
42. The Truth of Nutrition Science
41. Dr Anthony Kaveh/Medical Secrets
40. Fertility Fraud
39. Professor Michael Levin
38. Sequencing The Human Genome For Real This Time
37. Johnson & Johnson And The Opioid Crisis
36. Professor Carel le Roux
35. The Potential For Limb Regeneration
34. Ketamine Treatment of Mental Illness
33. Facebook vs The BMJ
32. Getting To The Heart Of Vaccines And Myocarditis
31. 2021 Science In Review
30. Honey, I Sequenced The Kids
29. Liquid Biopsies In The Fight Against Cancer
28. A Flawed Cure for Alzheimer‘s?
Copyright © 2006-2022 Podbean.com