Society & Culture:Philosophy
COVID-19 disproportionately threatens the old while sparing the young, and this may spark a new conflict between the generations. Baby Boomers have often been accused of robbing future generations by monopolizing wealth and charging up the national debt. Now younger generations have a chance to get even. Because their risk from the virus is low, young people have little incentive to change their behavior. Many may ignore quarantines and recommended hygiene, which ultimately puts their elders at greater risk. There is no malice involved. Young people are simply obeying their own self-interest, just as the Boomers did. ***** UPDATE 3 MAY 2020: I was wrong! It isn't young people who are protesting the lockdowns but the same older voters who support Donald Trump. See video description for my confession. — Also see DemographicDoom.com — Instagram & Twitter: @DemographicDoom — See episode notes, comments & corrections on the video version at j.mp/dd_millboom [ep 32, 11 March 2020]
46. The Post-Nuclear Family: An Introduction
45. Rip van Winkle Awakens... to Insane Economics
44. Casualties of the Crisis: Real Estate and College Campuses
43. A History of our Dysfunction: 1945-2020
42. Best Practices Medicine vs. Triage Medicine
41. Casualty of the Crisis: Things You Don't Need
40. The Tragedy of the Commons: The Sin That Got Us Here
39. Coming Soon: Collapse of Federal Debt and the U.S. Dollar
38. A Sorry Time for Humanity: How Lockdowns Are Digging Our Graves
37. How I’m Spending the Apocalypse: In a Hospital Bed in Boston
36. Japan vs. Italy: Why is the virus exploding in one but not the other?
35. Comprehending the Crisis
34. Virus Lockdown Mania: Is It Making Things Worse?
33. Ironies of Herd Immunity
31. The Crash Begins
30. Pandemic + Financial Collapse = Chaos
29. Introduction to Triagism: A Philosophy of Life Based on Medical Triage
28. Coronavirus Predictions
27. Coronavirus: Is This The Black Swan That Crashes the Economy?