Last night, I watched a hearth-wrenching and skillfully-performed one-woman show by a friend who shared the gruesome details of the traumatic experiences that shaped her early years. Personally, I can count on the fingers of my right hand how many people I've met in my entire life who didn't have one or a series of traumatic experiences that continue to haunt them well into their adulthood.
Some of these events might be trivial, like being ignored on the playground or getting lost in grocery store for a few minutes. Other events such as being raped by a parent witnessing a shooting are considered horrible by all standards.
And then there are the thousands of moments that sprinkle across our timeline on earth which are only punctuated by the way they make us feel.
These are the emotional signatures of the wounds we internalize and carry with us often to our death.
This week, on the Unleash Your Peace podcast, we speak with Natalia Ruiz who, after spending many years healing her own inner child, has created a safe haven for girls between the ages of 8 and 12 called "Girls Lead." Her organization empowers young girls to become leaders among their peers. They learn to address and work through their own life events BEFORE they become wounds for life.
Learn more about:
Girls Lead - http://girlsleadsummit.com
Peace Unleashed - https://peaceunleashed.com or https://instagram.com/peaceunleashed
(95) Eissa Hashemi - What Can We Learn From Archetypes?
(94) Susan Hirasuna: Power Of Storytelling
(93) Stephen Powers: Can Loss Inspire You To Live?
(92) Layla Khamoushian: How To Lawyer Mindfully
(91) Arjuna O'Neal - How Getting Shot Saved My Life!
(89) Daisy + Diane: How to talk to your suicidal teen.
(88) Kate Huffman: Eating Disorder to Stardom
(87) Maddox and Ideene: Where does funny come from?
(86) Mhairi Morrison: Finding Your Voice After Surviving "Me Too"
(85) Jamie Wozny: Conscious Decoupling + RE-coupling
(84) Norah Dineen: Inspired Filmmaking
(83) Breaking Self-destructive Habits Such As Anger And Addiction
(82) Take Control Over Your Life By Taking Control Over Your Morning
(81) 3 Mindset Shifts To Help You Maneuver Uncertainty In Love
(80) How Your Need To Control Your Life Is Keeping You Stuck
(79) Launa Shahrestani: This 9-Year-Old Figured Out The Secret To Success!
(78) 7 Lessons I Learned Leaping Into The Unknown
(77) Neloo Naderi: How to Coast Through Life Transitions With Inspired Action
(76) How to Set Yourself Up For Success In 2019.
Copyright © 2006-2022 Podbean.com