Society & Culture:Philosophy
29. Introduction to Triagism: A Philosophy of Life Based on Medical Triage
Glenn Campbell describes his own self-styled philosophy called "Triagism" based on medical triage as might be practiced in a big-city Emergency Room. Recorded on 21 February 2020 as coronavirus (Covid-19) spreads around the world, Triagism is highly relevant to the government response to this disease. If there are only 10 beds available in a hospital and 1000 sick patients show up outside its doors, how do the staff decide which patients to take in? In traditional triage, the aim is to save as many lives as possible by carefully selecting the patients served. Mildly sick patients may be declined because they are likely to live without intervention, while severely ill patients may also be refused because they are beyond help. Triage tends to favor the moderately ill patients who can most benefit from treatment. While intended for medical management, the same triage principles can be applied to all kinds of human decisions. — Also see DemographicDoom.com — Instagram & Twitter: @DemographicDoom — See episode notes, comments & corrections on the video version at j.mp/dd_triagism [ep 29. 21 Feb 2020]
46. The Post-Nuclear Family: An Introduction
45. Rip van Winkle Awakens... to Insane Economics
44. Casualties of the Crisis: Real Estate and College Campuses
43. A History of our Dysfunction: 1945-2020
42. Best Practices Medicine vs. Triage Medicine
41. Casualty of the Crisis: Things You Don't Need
40. The Tragedy of the Commons: The Sin That Got Us Here
39. Coming Soon: Collapse of Federal Debt and the U.S. Dollar
38. A Sorry Time for Humanity: How Lockdowns Are Digging Our Graves
37. How I’m Spending the Apocalypse: In a Hospital Bed in Boston
36. Japan vs. Italy: Why is the virus exploding in one but not the other?
35. Comprehending the Crisis
34. Virus Lockdown Mania: Is It Making Things Worse?
33. Ironies of Herd Immunity
32. Millennials vs. Baby Boomers: The Coronavirus Edition
31. The Crash Begins
30. Pandemic + Financial Collapse = Chaos
28. Coronavirus Predictions
27. Coronavirus: Is This The Black Swan That Crashes the Economy?