Frost Giant engineers chat about SC2, RTS in general & BRAND NEW footage with Artosis & feardragon on Ep.129
Engineers from Frost Giant Studios chat about StarCraft, RTS in general, BRAND NEW footage Frost Giant's WIP project, and Dreamhaven partnership with ArtosisTV and feardragon64.
We dove deep into the challenges & opportunities ahead of them as they work on building a next gen RTS inside the brand new Unreal 5 engine.
00. 00:00:00 Intro Video
01. 00:01:39 Welcome back / Show road map / Guest introductions
02. 00:04:38 Frost Giant + Dreamhaven / Making an RTS
03. 00:14:13 History of designing RTS games - SC2
04. 00:24:15 Frost Giant unit testing
05. 00:30:04 Optimization for current & future gen hardware
06. 00:33:00 Unreal Engine 5 features / Designing Lockstep Networking for RTS
07. 00:49:00 Unreal Engine 5 Possibilities / Setting long term goals for RTS design
08. 00:55:32 What does the process look like this early on?
09. 01:01:42 Setting up the needed tools and teams
10. 01:05:58 Long term goals before setting up timelines
11. 01:08:55 Challenges we are looking forward to
12. 01:13:19 Patreon Q&A
13. 01:13:44 What is one of your early SC2 community memories?
14. 01:19:36 What game genre would interest FG beside RTS?
15. 01:21:13 What about Westwood would you consider bringing on board to your games?
16. 01:24:33 Are there any downsides to the decision to use an Unreal Engine?
17. 01:25:19 Regarding lockstep networking system versus client-server architecture - does SC2 work as lockstep?
18. 01:26:38 What is the team's approach to the UI and functionality?
19. 01:28:51 Please introduce your doggos?
20. 01:31:08 Does triangular mesh and flocking have anything in common with a flow field idea from SupCom?
21. 01:32:57 What type of developers/specializations will you be looking for as you begin to hire?
22. 01:35:30 Final thoughts / Wrap up / Thanks for watching
ThePylonShow is live streamed almost every Wednesday around 5:45pm PT on https://www.twitch.tv/Artosis
- Follow Artosis: https://linktr.ee/Artosis - & Pylon: https://linktr.ee/ThePylonShow
- Special thanks to the Pylon Show Team:
Shownotes - Alisaunder: https://twitter.com/Daisemiin
TWiSC Presenter - https://twitter.com/CreightonOlsen
Intro VFX Artist: https://twitter.com/BodyVii
Track: Koven - Never Have I Felt This [NCS Release]
Music provided by NoCopyrightSounds.
#StarCraft #ThePylonShow #ArtosisTV
The Pylon Show, Artosis, ArtosisTV, CobraVe7nom7, Podcast, TalkShow, Talk Show, Streaming, Gaming, Twitch, #StarCraft, StarCraft, Twitch.tv, twitch, Youtube, Live streaming, Game, games
Artosis chats with Lowko, ViBE, Beastyqt and UpATreeZelda about some RTS design differences, ”The Infinite Relic” Exploit, Balancing water units, Map design & The range of creative play styles in AoE4
Reynor, Wardi, Steadfast & PiG on Ep.143 of #ThePylonShow
Showcasing art and cool projects from the StarCraft community on Ep.142 of #ThePylonShow
Funka, PitiDrogo, MarineLorD & Rotti chat about ASUS ROG, AOE4 and more
MCanning, Neuro & UpATreeZelda join Rotti on Ep.#140 of ThePylonShow
Do Protoss have EaSiEr ToOLs? - Big Gabe, ShoWTimE & Lambo on Ep.139 of #ThePylonShow
MEMES, RANTS + STORY TIME with Gemini, ZGGaming, Nathanias & RotterdaM
ToD, Harstem and Rotti on Mini Pylon Show #137 since DreamHack is still underway
Lowko and Coco chat about their experiences streaming StarCraft on Ep.136 of ThePylonShow
DreamHack Fall Masters Group Preview on Ep.135 of #ThePylonShow
Serral, Reynor and Clem join RotterdaM on Ep.134 of ThePylonShow
TLMC, A peek behind the scenes
Rotti chats with Harstem, CuKu and Steadfast about Dreamhack Summer Masters 2021
Bucket full of memes, 3-3-3 Relay Race on Ep.131 of #ThePylonShow
Behind the scenes at ESL
Shopify News, Dreamhack results & more with RotterdamM08 hosting Ep.128 of #ThePylonShow
Dreamhack Masters on Ep.127 of #ThePylonShow
What IS cheese? Creative Philosophy of StarCraft
Our thoughts on the new maps - Ft. nice__username, ViBE, Astrea & UpATreeZelda
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com