3. Think Beyond the Newsfeed - Director of Growth & Crowdfunding at JustGiving, Danny Denhard
In this episode I chat to Danny Denhard, Director of Growth & Crowdfunding at JustGiving, business mentor and mega source of wisdom! Danny has over nineteen years of experience in managing teams, marketing, and product growth, all of which we touch on in this episode.
Beginning with what "growth marketing" really means, and why it's more about bringing disciplines together to tackle business problems and improve user experience than just short-term hacking.
We discuss ways to work, the importance of communication and why it's so important to be able to get teams to buy into the journey. Why you shouldn't have to sit in meeting rooms to make decisions and how the mindset needed to shift gear between startups and corporates, isn't all that different. Danny also shares some great tips on how to get senior leaders to buy into marketing ideas, particularly around social media, starting with the power of the executive summary.
I then give Danny the not to easy task of ranking marketing disciplines in importance, from product marketing to social and SEO. We get Danny's advice on how to unlock social reach and why the newsfeed shouldn't be the primary focus today, and how good creative always cuts through.
This was an absolute pleasure to record and if you enjoyed it, I'd love for you to leave a review or share it with a friend. As always, thanks a lot for listening.
10. Recording a Podcast Is Easy, It’s the Editorial That Needs Thought
9. The Best Strategists Are Those Knowledgeable in Brand and Digital - Matthew Butler, Digital Planner at BBC Studios
8. Want to Understand Good PR? Look at Greta Thunberg - Hayley Smith of Boxed Out PR and Pride London
7. Brands Want to Partner - When You Find the Story - Drew Collins, Brand Partnerships Director at The Tab
6. Be the First, Best or Different - Five Elements of Great Content Strategy
5. Design Mentality Is Giving a Strong & Lasting Story - Creative Director at The Wern, Hadrien Chatelet
4. To Create Good Content You Have to Learn to Stop Getting Distracted - Content Marketing Manager at Eventbrite, Amy Martin
2. When People Feel Familiarity, That's When They'll Engage - Parcel Founder Natalie Raven
1. Stop Optimising For 1% of Your Audience - Born Social CEO Ben Tyson
The Interior Design Business and Social Media Marketing Podcast: Wingnut Social
Digital Marketing Lab - SMB & Enterprise
Bob Cargill's Marketing Show
Entrepreneur's Not A But B strategy: Marketing, Growth, Business Development
White Hat vs Black Hat SEO Show!
Code and preview