S2E17 Feta Cheese vs Bulgarian Sirene Cheese (History Of Brined White Cheese)
In this episode:
* Greek Feta Cheese vs. Bulgarian Sirene Cheese vs Romanian Telmea and other white cheeses. Which was the original brined white cheese?
* We discuss the ancient history of Feta style cheese from the balkan region.
* Should the EU have made Feta cheese a Greek only designated origin product?
* We explain the origin of the name “Feta”.
* Plus, How Canada may have got it right when it comes to Feta cheese…
Show notes for this episode at https://foodfuntravel.com/fetapodcast
S2E24 Rome: What To Eat (inc. Carbonara History)
Introducing: Girls Talk Travel
S2E23 Deep Fried Tarantulas in Cambodia (Strange Food 1)
S2E22 Egg Custard Tarts History (Pasteis de Nata): Portugal vs The World
S2E21 Lisbon: What To Eat (Inc. History of Bacalhau & Bifana)
S2E20 Bulgaria Part 2: What To Eat Inc. Banitsa
S2E19 Bulgaria Part 1: What To Eat, inc. History Of Shopska Salad
S2E16 Roaming Degustation Colombo, Sri Lanka (Food Travel Stories)
S2E15 Hamburgers II - A History (Part 2 - Who Invented American Hamburgers?)
S2E14 Hamburgers - A History (Part 1: How American Is The Hamburger?)
S2E13 Belize: What To Eat (inc. History Of Rice & Beans)
S2E12 North India: Kolkata Street Food & Amritsar Paratha (Our Food Travel Stories)
S2E11 Mallorca, Spain: What To Eat (inc. History of Ensaimada)
S2E10 Story Of The Daiquiri (Cuban Cocktail)
S2E9 The Mojito: A Tale Of Rum, Pirates & Plantations in Cuba
S2E8 Havana & Cuba: What To Eat & A Culinary History Of Cuba's National Dish
S2E7 Bali (Indonesia): What to eat. Satay, Nasi Kampur and more!
S2E6 What To Eat In Corfu, Greece (& The History Of Pastitsada)
The Frommer's Travel Show
Gal Pal Show: Solo female travel, backpacking, bucket list inspiration, planning a trip, female travel advice and tips, and off the beaten track ideas.
The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station
National Geographic Weekend
Code and preview