Health & Fitness
1. Is the person selling something? If so what? A bar? A shake? A service?
2. Who funded the study? A pharmaceutical company? A supplement company?
3. Is the study done on humans or animals? Don’t discount either just be thoughtful. Rats have a very different metabolism.
4. Randomized control studies are best Why? What’s the difference?
5. Are you similar to the population studied. E.g men dominate the studies. Statins cause diabetes in 40 percent of women but notmen. If you are a thin athletic women is prolonged fasting really best?
6. Literature reviews can be good or bad. 10 bad studies don’t add up to one good review
7. Relative risk vs absolute risk e.g statin studies
8. Just because something is good for you doesn’t mean more and more extreme is better. E.g extended fasting. OMAD. Zero carb vs LCHF
9. Look and see what studies have in common for big takeaways. What’s the underlying commonalities between vegan diets and ketogenic diets? They both have dramatically less processed food then SAD
10. Do the findings make sense on a physiological level?
Low carb makes more sense when you think about well established biochemistry andphysiology
None of these are deal breakers but you need to acknowledge them and be critical
I don’t believe you need to wait for 10 randomized trials to extrapolate otherwise you will wait your whole life. N=1 experiments on yourself are the most powerful in many ways
You will always be slightly different then a study due to genetics.
Simply Health ME E99 - Dr. Sam Madore DO
Simply Health ME E98 - Interview with Sleep Coach Martha Lewis
Simply Health ME E97 - Feasting
Simply Health ME E96 Mitochondrial Health
Simply Health ME E95 - Dr. Don Dworek DO
Simply Health ME E94 - Grand Rounds with Dr. Emory Liscord & Dr. Samuel Madore
Simply Health ME E93 - Putting it all together
Simply Health ME E92 - Kristin Baier MD
Simply Health ME E91 Darryl Edwards and Primal Play!
Simply Health ME E89 Master Coach Mark England of Enlifted.me & Procabulary.org
Simply Health ME E88 - Master Trainer Bert Massey
Simply Health ME E87 - Travel to PaleoFX
Simply Health ME E86 - Sleep is more important than you know
Simply Health ME E85 - Decision Fatigue
Simply Health ME E84 - Exercise for Fat Loss "Ditch the Cardio"
Simply Health ME E84 - End of Life
Simply Health ME E83 Vegetable Oils
Simply Health ME E82 - Blue Zones
Simply Health ME E81 - Injury and Recovery
Simply Health ME E80 - Appetite
Code and preview