Health & Fitness:Nutrition
105. Coeliac Disease & Gluten-Free Diets, with Advanced Accredited Practising Dietitian, Dr Kim Faulkner-Hogg
This episode, I discuss all things coeliac disease and gluten-free diets with special guest, Dr Kim Faulkner-Hogg.
Kim is an advanced accredited practising dietitian with more than 25 years experience with coeliac disease. She completed her PhD in coeliac disease and the gluten-free diets in 2004. She was part of the original working party defining the low gluten and gluten-free food standards in Australia and was a consultant dietitian to Coeliac Australia for a number of years.
This episode, Kim and I discuss what coeliac disease is and how it’s diagnosed. We discuss red flags, risk factors and whether gluten is inflammatory or not for persons who do not have coeliac disease. We then analyse the long term risks of not maintaining a gluten-free diet if you have been diagnosed with coeliac disease and whether you should be worried about accidental gluten ingestion.
We look at the standards for low gluten and gluten-free foods in Australia and the rest of the world.
Finally, we discuss the controversial topic of gluten-free oats, medications for coeliac disease and gluten-free beauty products.
If you would like more information about coeliac disease and gluten-free diets, you can visit Kim's website, GlutenFreeNutrition or her Instagram @Gluten.Free.Dietitian.
Please subscribe and leave me a review
If you enjoyed this podcast, please tag me and share it in your Instagram stories and leave me a positive rating or review in the purple Apple Podcast app (in the rating & reviews section underneath the episode lists). This really helps my podcast get prioritised by Apple and helps me disseminate evidence based information to the people that need it the most! Don't forget to subscribe to my podcast so you never miss an episode!
117. Starting Your Baby on Solids, with Paediatric Dietitian & Nutritionist Anna Ritan
116. Volume Eating with Dietitian, and Hungry Human, Paula Norris
115. Healing Eczema, with Dietitian Julia Chien
114. Food Sensitivities: The Gut Questions You Need Answered, with Dr Will Bulsiewicz
113. Sports Supplements That Actually Work with Accredited Sports Dietitian, Peta Carige
112. How To Conquer Your Gut Health, with Registered Dietitian Heather Finley
111. My Pregnancy and Birth Story, with Hubby, David
110. Gestational Diabetes and Pregnancy with Dietitian Leslee Flannery
109. Changing the Way You Think About Nutrition with Registered Dietitian, Colleen Christensen
108. Nutrition, Food Safety & Healthy Weight Gain During Pregnancy, with Dietitian & Nutritionist Stefanie Valakas
107. Gaining Muscle Mass with Accredited Sports Dietitian, Peta Carige
106. Social Eating Tips for the Silly Season
104. Nutrition Myth Busting, Health Halos and Media Hype, with Specialist Registered Dietitian, Nichola Ludlam-Raine
103. Nutrition for Perimenopause & Menopause, with Advanced Sports Dietitian Angie Clark
102. Period Nutrition, with Advanced Sports Dietitian Angie Clark
101. The Life-Changing Habit of Meditation, with Luke McLeod
100. How Your Personality Affects Weight Loss with CSIRO Research Scientist, Dr Gilly Hendrie
99. Healthy Habits and Long-Term Success, with Dr Gina Cleo
98. Q & A with Leanne, Part 2
The Model Health Show
Dishing Up Nutrition
The Exam Room by the Physicians Committee
ZOE Science & Nutrition
The Dr. Gundry Podcast
Copyright © 2006-2022 Podbean.com