123. Lisa Fierer - Change Your Life Before Your Life Changes You, Original
Lisa Fierer grew up in the small town Morton, Illinois. She was the youngest of four children born to Joshua, her well-respected pathologist father and her opera singer mother, Mary. One day in December, 1984, her life was changed forever. Called out of class to the principal's office, Lisa was told that her mother had been killed and her father had been arrested for the crime.
Over the next twenty years, Lisa battled through school, addiction, relationships and various forms of self-destruction. Along the way she learned that the effects of loss, violence and betrayal create a deep desire for something different.
Lisa's journey takes her to doing yoga while sitting on her Harley, lost in the wilds of Wyoming, to the experience of death and rebirth in the Native American ceremony of Sundance, to mountain biking with elephants in Thailand, to the banks of the Ganges where she finally lets her father's ashes go.
Today we will share a story about the distance between the lives we are given and the lives we choose. It's a story about survival, hope, yoga, self-discovery and the tremendous support of compassionate communities.
It touches the part of each of us that longs for the healing power of laughter, the transformative force of forgiveness and the bravery required to learn to love again.
The host is Peter Jumrukovski a Real Estate Agent, World medalist and Author with the mission to help 10 million people in 10 years to accomplish their dreams. For more information visit: http://www.ilovesuccess.co
Sponsor: Panos Emporio
Music and production: Tobi Fanoiki
Advisor: Malick Jarboh
270. Discipline Equals Freedom with Craig Ballantyne
269. Become Fail Proof with Alex Weber
268. Steve SJ Manning - Learn From Others
267. Ken Lindner - Reboot Your Mindset
266. Christopher Dedeyan - Dyslexia is a Superpower
265. Ed Djafer - What To Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough
264. Ari Galper - Trust-Based Selling
263. Best of Real Estate Stars
262. DREAM BIG and Explore Life Fully
261. Surviving Life‘s Biggest Trauma
260. Peter Jumrukovski - Life Lessons From the Host of the I Love Success Podcast
259. Bedros Keuilian X3 - Why it‘s Great to Have a Chip on your Shoulder
258. The Machida Brothers - How to Succeed in Life By Being a Martial Artist
257. Tom Bilyeu, Dave Asprey and Leon Logothetis on PURPOSE, KINDNESS AND SUCCESS
256. Best of GOALS, SUCCESS and HAPPINESS
255. Max Söderpalm - Så blir du framgångsrik
254. UFC-Level Mindset with Christos Giagos
253. Gabriel Wallmark - Europamästare i tresteg
252. Master Your Mindset with Bedros Keuilian
251. Going to the Tokyo Olympics with Karate Champion Tom Scott
Awakening Divine Wildness
The Dr. Peter Breggin Hour
Breakups and Relationships With Coach Craig Kenneth
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com