Leslie begins the show with her 'Ripped from the Headlines' news segment.
Here are the stories that she gave her take on:
1. AXIOS: "House Democrats unveil new $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief proposal"
2. NEW YORK TIMES: "White House Told CDC: Come Up With More Evidence to Support School Reopenings"
3. THE ATLANTIC: "Ex-Trump aides say the president regularly mocks his evangelical supporters behind their backs"
She's then joined by Moe Vela, who served in President Obama’s administration as the Director of Administration and Senior Advisor in the Office of Vice President Joe Biden. The stint was the second White House appointment for Mr. Vela, who served as Chief Financial Officer and Senior Advisor on Hispanic Affairs for Vice President Al Gore. Mr. Vela holds the distinction of being the first Hispanic American and gay American to serve twice in a senior executive role in the White House.
Leslie and Moe preview tonight's presidential debate, the first between Donald Trump and Joe Biden. They analyze:
1. Whether Trump can avoid the sitting-president first-debate slump
2. Whether Biden comes across competently
3. Whether Trump and Biden can control their tempers and tone
4. How Trump tries to defend his record
5. How much of the debate should focus on the COVID-19 pandemic and Trump's management of the crisis
You can follow Moe on Twitter, where his handle is @MoeVela.
What’s Next In The Fight To Protect Undocumented People in the U.S.
American Political Climate; Infrastructure Bill Negotiations
National Implications of California Recall; Status Check on the Economy
California Gubernatorial Recall Election Today
California Recall Election, Vaccine Mandates, Texas Abortion Law
Abortion Rights Under Attack
Texas Passes Draconian Abortion and Voter Suppression Laws
End Of War In Afghanistan; New Tom Nichols Book
Plight of Migrants at Mexican Border; Political News of the Week
Expert Analysis on COVID-19 Delta Variant and U.S. Withdrawal from Afghanistan
'No Democracy Without Black Women' Report 2021
Senate Passes $1.2 Trillion Bipartisan Infrastructure Package
Investigating the Insurrectionists; Competing Infrastructure Packages
What The Build Back Better Plan Means For Young People
Health System CEO for Gun Violence Prevention; COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates
Combating COVID Misinformation; Evaluating President Biden's First Six Months
U.S. Poised For a Manufacturing Renaissance
Afghanistan Withdrawal, Gen Milley Feared Trump Coup, Student Debt
The Power Of Celebrity In Politics
Rebuilding American Infrastructure; Made In USA Talk
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com