Ho ho whoa! 9 guests?! In a tribute to the 9 Lessons & Carols, Paul our Host of Christmas Past flies his sleigh back through festive history. There are no live guests a-guesting - instead for our penultimate show, Paul has a voice-changer. It's not a great voice-changer, but it means we drop in on influential Christmassy words from:
- Astronaut TOM STAFFORD on pranking NASA
- Private HENRY WILLIAMSON on sharing tobacco
- Writer CHARLES DICKENS on humbuggery
- Writer WASHINGTON IRVING on Christmas the English way
- Devonian clergyman RICHARD SMART on Christmas the man
- Puritan minister HEZEKIAH WOODWARD on Christmas the heresy
- King HENRY III on Christmas the dinner
- Saint HILARY of POITIERS on the first carol
- Charles M Schulz creation LINUS on the true meaning of Christmas
Phew! One more episode to go, for now. Join us in January. Merry Christmas!
26 Steve Chalke & co - Beyond the Redgrave
24 Paul Kerensa & co - We're Not Here Right Now...
23 Noel James & co - Rhodes? Where we're going...
22 Rob Parsons & co - Happy Creative New Year!
21 Bennett Arron & co - Play the Theme Tune, Sing the Theme Tune...
20 Pippa Evans & co - Temper Temperance
19 Greatest Story Ever Toured special minisode
18 Justin Edwards & co - Do Play The Ferryman (Not A Tree)
17 St Nicholas & co - Once in Royal Gotham City
16 Charles Dickens & co - Jingle Bells Whisky
15 John Archer & co - Derren, Daniels, Dawkins + debates
14 Tony Law & co - Surgical Silk Gown
13 Peter Buckley Hill & co - Edinburgh special!
12 Liz Earle & co - Business, Bacteria + Bones Beneath Escalators
11 Joe Lycett & co - Doctor Foster had a Car Share
10 Robin Ince & co - Outliving the Brontes (& Pension Advice Thereafter)
09 Dominic Frisby & co - £s, Shillings + Mike Pence
08 Carl Donnelly & co - Diana Ross + Leo Sayer
07 Revs Kate Bottley 'n' Richard Coles & co - The Butlers Did It
The Ron Burgundy Podcast
The Breakfast Club
The Daily Show With Trevor Noah: Ears Edition
The All New Dennis Miller Option
Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Code and preview