52. Has COVID-19 derailed your career? Interview with recruitment expert Geoff Slade.
About our guest, Geoff Slade:
Geoff Slade has worked at the forefront of the Recruitment Industry for over 40 years. He is the Executive Chairman of Slade Group and Transearch Australia International. Geoff is also Chairman of Yellow Folder Research and Skillstream Australia. He is involved in several professional associations and is a Non-Executive Director of Alzheimer's Victoria.
A Chartered Management Consultant, Geoff is a past President of the Recruitment & Consulting Services Association (RCSA) - Geoff was, in fact, the founding Chairman of RCSA, the industry's education body. He was awarded a Centenary Medal for services to the recruitment industry. Many of Australia's leading consultants have worked for and been trained by Geoff at various times in the last three decades. He is also a regular speaker at major industry conferences.
Originally creating GW Slade and Associates in 1967, Geoff relocated to London to take Slade to the international market. By 1988 and looking for a change, Geoff sold GW Slade to Blue Arrow (later known as Manpower), a British multinational pursuing international expansion. Geoff took up a newly created role as the Head of Human Resources with Pacific Dunlop. In 1991, Geoff re-launched Slade Group, which quickly moved to the forefront of recruitment in Australia, where it remains today.
About the Reset Your Career program:
We can all agree that 2020 has been a complicated year, and maybe you and other professionals like you at some point have lost track of your career goals, your focus, and your ambitions. Most importantly, lockdown, working from home, and unemployment have left many of us disconnected from what employers are now searching for in their new hires.
Reset Your Career is a program to kickstart our engines and put you back on track. It was designed by yours truly (yes, that's me, Renata Bernarde, the host of this podcast, career coach, and job hunting expert) to launch or reset your job hunting with a series of masterclasses and a 31-day action plan. It is perfect for professionals and executives in-between jobs in 2020 and hoping to find work in the corporate, public, and nonprofit sectors.
In a hybrid program that mixes self-guided content and live Zoom gatherings, I will personally take you through the step-by-step of how to reset your career and start getting your job search plans into gear.
The Slade Group Team will be collaborating during the workshop, with Geoff Slade giving the welcome address and recruiters from Slade presenting one of the sessions (A Recruiters' Panel).
Learn more and register for Reset Your Career.
Timestamps to guide your listening:
Links mentioned in this episode:
Please support this podcast: Follow, subscribe, rate, and review us (iTunes only).
Please consider rating and reviewing my show. This helps me reach more people like you who want guidance and support in job hunting and career advancement! Click here, scroll all the way to the bottom, tap to rate with 5 stars, and select "Write a review." Then let me know in a few words what you think about the show and how it has helped you. And you haven't already, don't forget to subscribe!
About your Host:
Hello, and welcome! I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I’m also a virtual career coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach professionals in the corporate, non-profit, and public sectors the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you ready and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you.
In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I've created a series of free tools and resources. I developed a range of services for professionals in career or job transition. And of course, I also coach private clients. So there is really no excuse – I’m determined to help you! I want you to feel empowered, nail your next job, and have the career you want.
Free tools & where to listen to The Job Hunting Podcast:
Enjoy the episode, and don't forget to check out the Reset Your Career program. I hope that you register and I look forward to seeing you at the workshop!
Ciao for now!
Renata Bernarde | Virtual Coach | Career Management Strategist | Job Hunting Expert
Host, The Job Hunting Podcast
Founder & Chief Coach, Pantala Academy
Managing Director, Pantala Pty Ltd
Level 14, 333 Collins Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000 Australia
Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
104. Want to become a board director? Part 1 interview with Moana Weir
103. How to make successful career transitions
102. How to feel motivated when looking for work.
101. What an executive resume should look like.
100. Fear of success: Why it happens and how to overcome it.
98. Why are we still not seeing more women in senior roles? with Carly Moulang and Alessandro Guio
99. Attracting and hiring top talent with Nick Birbilis
97. Two career experts discuss what makes professionals successful at job-hunting - with Mac Prichard.
96. Recruitment and selection without resumes - with Dina Bayasanova Ph.D
95. Why it’s important job hunters find their niche.
94. The 3 critical mistakes job seekers make during a recruitment process: feedback from recruiters.
93. The one thing every successful executive has in common.
92. How to get the job you want and bring your dream career to life.
91. How executives can become strategic with their LinkedIn presence.
90. The changing role of sales: Purpose, burnout, building partnerships, and the post-pandemic environment - with Peta Sitcheff
89. Don't quit your job: 5 strategies to manage your current awful job while you look for another.
88. Don't be afraid of career success: How we self-sabotage our careers.
87. Career health check: What to do and what not to do to keep your career healthy over time.
86. Recruitment, selection, and the theory of evolution: Lessons from the natural world to achieve career success.
85. The best nutrition for job hunters, featuring Michele Chevalley Hedge.
Beyond with Ben Bobo
The Ken Coleman Show
Think Fast, Talk Smart: Communication Techniques.
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com