America to Me is a Starz docu-series. There are approximately 10 episodes that highlight Oak Park and River Forest High School in Oak Park, Illinois, a suburb outside of Chicago. This episode is the final installment of the series. On episode 10, "America Will Be” of the America to Me series, I only focus on two issues: the importance of effective school leadership and why educators should only focus on what we can control. I've enjoyed watching and analyzing this documentary and look forward to future work from these filmmakers. I'll keep an attentive eye on the progress of Oak Park and River Forest High School and that community. After all, I am a product of the Midwest.
PSA — Thanks to Participant’s America to Me: Real Talk campaign, you can watch the America to Me docuseries and access the “Real Talk” guide for free. Click here. Input code “ATM2020” in all caps into the “Conference Code” box.
The Black Scholars Podcast has a new Instagram page (@blackscholarspodcast) and a new Facebook page. Please follow and like.
Shop Black Scholars Clothing™ with promo code SCHOLARS for 15 percent off. Thank you for your support.
The Black Scholars Podcast is now available on YouTube. Please subscribe.
My book, Becoming an Effective Black Educator: A Manifesto is available as an e-book or paperback via Kindle and Amazon.
Thank you for being a part of the community. Please tell your colleagues about the show, subscribe to the show, and leave a review.
All e-mail inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
2. Leave a review via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
3. Share the podcast with social media, friends, and colleagues.
4. Subscribe to the YouTube channel. Turn on notifications.
5. Support the show via Patreon (donate anywhere from $1 to $100). To help the growth of the show, develop future professional development events, a nationwide conference, seminars and more, please support us. Your contribution will be rewarded with early access to new content, free merchandise, exclusive promo codes to Black Scholars Clothing™, consulting services, advertisement spots, and more. Thank you for being a part of the tribe. You are appreciated.
6. Shop Black Scholars Clothing™ where there are various hoodies, t-shirts, tank tops, and other apparel. Your support is appreciated.
Episode 43 — The Pandemic in Education 2.0 (featuring Dr. Kanesha L. Moore)
Episode 42—The Pandemic in Education 2.0 (featuring Jailyn Jenkins)
Episode 40—America to Me Series — Episode 9: The Invisible T-Shirt
Episode 39—America to Me Series — Episode 8: Nobody Can Hold You Down
Episode 38—America to Me Series — Episode 7:Tsunami of Privilege
Episode 37—America to Me Series — Episode 6: Listen to the Poem!
Episode 36—America to Me Series — Episode 5: I Don‘t Have to Think About Being White
Episode 35—America to Me Series — Episode 4: There‘s Nothing Funny about Race
Episode 34—America to Me Series — Episode 3: There is No Pain that Compares to the Struggle
Episode 33—America to Me Series — Episode 2: Stranger in a Room
Episode 32—America to Me Series — Episode 1: What‘s the Big Deal about Oak Park?
Episode 31—How the Pandemic Impacts K-12 Education (Part 6) with Charmae Damper
Episode 30—How the Pandemic Impacts K-12 Education (Part 5) with Brittany Jefferson
Episode 29—How the Pandemic Impacts K-12 Education (Part 4) with Stephanie Burke
Episode 28—How the Pandemic Impacts K-12 Education Part 3 with Stacey Malone
Episode 27—How the Pandemic Impacts K-12 Education Part 2 with Latoya Walker & Jamila Sams
Episode 26—How the Pandemic Impacts K-12 Education Part 1 with Dr. Wylie Tidwell, III
Episode 25—The Importance of Energy in Teaching with Chelsie Griffin & Brittany Goldsby
Episode 24—Moment of Clarity-Social Media Usage for Black Educators
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com