Hello and welcome! I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I’m also a virtual career coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach professionals in the corporate, non-profit, and public sectors the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you ready and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you.
In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I've created a series of free tools and resources, I run free live career coaching sessions, the Job Hunting Made Simple online course, and I coach private clients. So there is really no excuse – I’m determined to help you! I want you to feel empowered, nail your next job, and have the career you want.
Episode Show Notes
In August 2020, I delivered a presentation for over 100 senior executives on how to use LinkedIn more efficiently. The goal was to give these busy corporate leaders, a set of ideas and tools so that they can spend a minimal amount of time on the platform, and still have a LinkedIn presence that's punchy and interesting. So if that is you - that is if you also want to have that visibility, but you don't want, or don't have the time, to spend a lot of time on LinkedIn - Then this podcast episode is for you.
The idea is to maximize opportunities and visibility: your LinkedIn profile and activity should position you as you want to be perceived professionally in the job market. This should be the ultimate goal.
The organizers received more questions that day then we had the time to answer. So I'm using this podcast episode to address all the questions that we received, and answer them to the best of my ability, considering I'm not a big fan of "one size fits all approach" and believe we should all be looking at finding what is distinctive about our capabilities and skills, and not copy what everyone else is doing on LinkedIn.
If you are fairly new to LinkedIn, I would recommend that you start our LinkedIn journey together by first listening to The Job Hunting Podcast Episode No. 34: How to make your LinkedIn profile stand out in 2020. Then come back to this episode and listen to the LinkedIn Q&A. However, if you are familiar with LinkedIn and an active user of the platform, you can go ahead and listen to the Q&A, no problem!
I also recommend that you download my LinkedIn Checklist: it will help you get started on LinkedIn or do a quick review on your profile.
I'd also love to hear your feedback and opinions. As I mentioned above, I'm not a big fan of the 'one size fits all approach to LinkedIn", so I'd love to hear what has been working for you on LinkedIn. When I'm doing LinkedIn Audits or working one-on-one with my coaching clients I can tailor my recommendations to suit their needs. I love doing this, it's really exciting to position professionals for success. And I see it works for them!
And if you are listening to this episode a few months down the track, it's likely I few things may have changed on the platform. So keep that in mind, be smart, and adapt to make sure you are on top of the new trends and tools on LinkedIn. If you want my advice ongoing, join my The Job Hunting Podcast Private Group on Facebook and ask me a question in there. That's where I hang out the most and do my Live Coaching Sessions regularly.
LinkedIn Questions Answered: Timestamps to guide your listening:
Resources and Services Mentioned in This Episode:
Download a transcript of this episode:
I'd love it if you could give this Podcast a 5-star review:
It helps so much! With your help, this podcast can reach others who need career support. The way to do that is to give it a 5-star rating and review, so that iTunes knows it's a good podcast to recommend to others. Please scroll to the bottom of this link, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review”
Important links on how to connect with me:
Find out more and book my services:
Enjoy the episode and ciao for now!
77. What are employers looking for in assessment tests during the recruitment process? Featuring the founder of Strengthscope and Plexus Leadership James Brook.
76. Senior executive jobs in regional Australia: What is available and who are the successful candidates? Featuring regional recruiter Zoe Allan.
75. The secret to a successful career transition: Five key strategies to guide you towards your new job.
74. The OG of career change: From Accountant to Mindfulness Consultant, plus a 10-min meditation for job-hunters - featuring Ilana Kosakiewicz
73. How the vaccine rollout will get us back to work, and what we can learn and do now to prevent a future global crisis - featuring Israeli entrepreneurial consultant Amir Eldad.
72. Have we learned nothing? Systemic gender biases, double standards, mental and physical dangers affecting women in the workplace - featuring Hannah Piterman Ph.D.
71. Moving lanes: How to make career changes without going backward, featuring Donna Burr.
70. 5 Myths sabotaging your job hunting and career.
69. The Job Hunting Experience, featuring Amber Knight.
68. The power of the first 90 days: How to start a successful role even before you get the job, featuring Sue Zablud.
67. Why recruitment takes so long? The step-by-step process from advertising a job to starting a new role
66. What executives can learn from watching high-performance sports.
65. How to avoid making mistakes: A disaster expert explains how to prepare for major career disruption - with Dr Gleb Tsipursky.
64. How to pivot your career during a crisis: Advice from "the new world of work" expert Marianne Roux.
63. Achieving financial and career goals - with Paul Burrows.
62. My career story: From immigrant to CEO.
61. Are you a perfectionist? How perfectionism can hurt your career and what to do about it - with Author Lynne Cazaly
60. Career change: Switching sectors, industries, and countries - Karen James shares her story and tips.
59. The power of self-fidelity: How to be true to yourself and thrive professionally - with Author Cassandra Goodman.
58. Career Q&A: Returning from maternity leave, expected salary range, planning your next move, and much more
Beyond with Ben Bobo
Job Search & Career Help RIGHT NOW - Anthony Hines -
The Ken Coleman Show
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com