Health & Fitness:Nutrition
Welcome to How to Love Your Body-- on todays episode we are talking about 5 quick but powerful facts on body image…
Healing your relationship with food is of course an essential part to becoming an UnDieter...
So is working through body image.
Here are 5 facts about body image:
1. You don't have to love your body 100% of the time as an UnDieter - but you can absolutely respect it.
2. It's okay if you still care about what you look like (we're human in a society obsessed over looks!). That doesn't mean you can't improve your body image.
3. It's okay to start with neutrality. A powerful exercise when starting to work on body image is not putting pressure on yourself to shift every negative body image thought to a positive thought. We are not about toxic positivity. What you can do is start to shift judgmental thoughts to neutral thoughts.
Ex. "I don't like the way my arms look in this shirt" to "I have arms."
4. Our bodies go through phases and circumstances of life. It's normal that bodies change over time. Accepting the ebb and flow will bring peace.
5. It takes repetition and shifting beliefs to start thinking differently about our bodies. It's acknowledging and becoming aware of anti fat bias and working through that.
If you want to work on body image and be more at home in your body; check out our UnDiet For Life Membership.
Not only do we give you a step-by-step course in how to work through body image. We also have Live Q&A's, Guest Expert Workshops, access to posting your questions in the community on the daily, and more...to support you in improving your body image (and anything else during your process in becoming an UnDieter)!
The support from this group of women and experts is invaluable.
We have found the the most essential part to becoming an UnDieter is having a community to do it along side with you. People that understand what you are going through because they are going through it themselves.
When you can share anything and it's immediately understood. No need to explain yourself. This community gets it!
Humans love connection and they also love connecting to people with like-minded/ similar interests and beliefs (especially when it comes to ditching diet culture!!).
You don't have to feel alone for one more second as you continue on your path in becoming an UnDieter. Join the community and get instant access to amazing women you can build lifelong friendships with!
Doors close TOMORROW, July 28th!
We look forward to welcoming you to the Community!
See you next week!
Ep 180 - No wiggle room for pursuing weight loss
Ep 179 - How Important is the Science on Intuitive Eating?
Ep 178 - When someone posts about their weight loss on social media
Ep 177 - How to retrain your brain to trust your body
Ep 176 - Why being full is good
Ep 175 - The privilege of ”wellness”
Ep 174 - Emotional Eating
Ep 173 - I‘ve gained weight so people think Intuitive Eating isn‘t ”working”
Ep 172 - Triggers: When to avoid them and when to embrace them
Ep 171 - Are you in survival mode?
Ep 170 - What is body neutrality?
Ep 168 - The best way to get affordable support in Intuitive Eating
Ep 167 - What if I DO care about how I look?
Ep 166: 10 signs you’re going to be an UnDieter for life
Ep 165 - The Importance of Diverse Bodies in the Media with Actress Melanie Field
Ep 164 - How Long Does it Take to Become an Intuitive Eater?
Ep 163 - Is Reverse Dieting a Good Dieting Alternative?
Ep 162 - Body Image & Relationships with Mary Jelkovsky
Ep 161 - 4 Ways to an UnDieter's "Summer Body"
The Melanie Avalon Biohacking Podcast
The Model Health Show
Half Size Me
The Exam Room by the Physicians Committee
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com