Get Customers Addicted To Your Business: Ep. 236
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile. ~ Roger Staubach
A recent experience with the Starbucks and Peet's Coffee apps have us off and running about the importance of the customer experience. Jelly loves Peet's coffee, but Starbucks won her business by delighting her with their mobile app.
Lesson learned! You don't have to have the best product to succeed, but you do need to provide an unforgettable experience that leaves every customer feeling a positive emotion and/or identifying with a posiive quality.
How can you get your customers under your influence and addicted to your business?
- Use snail mail to give your customer a surprising experience. Isn't it nice to get something other than a bill in the mail?
- Keep improving your product instead of pushing existing customers into a bigger sale.
- Do something your competition isn't doing.
- Create a sticky experience. Modcloth is a great online example!
- Do 20% more than what is expected. Always.
- Be a generous resource for your clients.
- Eliminate any friction between the customer want and the sale. Make it very, very easy to buy from you.
- Get personal (this is where small can really compete with BIG)
- Hang out online with your customers. Complaints online equals priceless intel. Reward your brand evangelists—the ones who are singing your praises on social media.
- Reward your loyal customers.
**Our awesome intro/outro music generously provided by the Polyrhythymics and their track Mendo Mulcher. Check out the rest of their music!