Jackson Bliton, better known as Bajheera, has built a unique dual following online. He's a pro bodybuilder, but also a pro gamer, and streams both to tens of thousands daily. He shares his story, his nutritional approach, and takes live questions from his Twitch followers.
- His additional alter egos Bulkjheera and Leanjheera
- His dual love of gaming and activity, going back to early childhood
- Dragon Ball Z as a fitness inspiration
- 200 push-ups a day at age 11!
- How he saw the potential of online streaming and had "the conversation" with his family
- How distance running helped him develop the discipline necessary for bodybuilding
- "I'm not an expert, I'm not a dietitian, but just the very basics can take you really far."
- How he added muscle through some epic (and no so epic) bulks
- On nutrition: "It's a slow, steady burn, and I like that style of putting in work every single day… I'm going to activate myself and put myself in position, and moving towards my goal, even if it's difficult."
- His inspirations: Dad, and Goku
- His guiding narrative: "What's the story that you want to tell, and have told about you?"
- Why motivation is "a convenience"
- "The days that you feel like going to the gym and tearing it up, fantastic. But the ones that aren't that really matter. You still take the action even if you're not necessarily feeling like it."
- Why he trains in the morning
- How the distance runner in his past still guides him in training: "When you do distance running practices, you're toast at the end."
- How Bajheera is an avatar for Jackson, but also represents his followers who support him
- The importance of momentum in life
- How he balances gaming with his increasingly demanding fitness goals
- "Supplementation for gamers" versus "supplementation for people," and the flaws in supplements that are supposedly created for gamers
- "I would encourage you to use caffeine on the activity that you want to use it on, because it'll make whatever activity you're doing really fun."
- How competition helps him be a better gamer
- The importance of learning to lose
- The person he wants to stream with? Kai Greene
- How he transitioned from "chicken and rice all the time" to flexible dieting
- "Science suggests that if you hold protein and calories consistent, it doesn't really matter what you do."
- The importance of relatively easy, "punch the clock"-style workouts: "You're pushing blood around, and you're pushing nutrients around. You're putting yourself in just a better mindset of when your head hits the pillow."
- Why he starts every workout with some curls
- Where the name Bajheera came from
Be sure to follow us on social media for daily fitness updates!
Twitter | https://twitter.com/bodybuildingcom
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/Bodybuildingcom
Snapchat | https://www.snapchat.com/add/bodybuildingcom
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/bodybuildingcom/
Pinterest | https://www.pinterest.com/Bodybuildingcom/
YouTube | https://www.youtube.com/user/bodybuildingcomvideo
Google+ | https://plus.google.com/+bodybuildingcom
Spotify | http://spoti.fi/1NRebm0
Mobile Apps | http://bbcom.me/2d7tixc
Bodybuilding.com | http://www.bodybuilding.com/podcast
Also check out the Bodybuilding.com channel in the Apple News and Google News mobile apps.