Religion & Spirituality:Christianity
Theology and Experience 1
Experience is everything, so talking about experience is impossible. Nevertheless in this episode Dad and I attempt to do so, with the result of tangling ourselves in knots and occasionally losing our composure. If you ever wondered why experience was the most contentious of sources, methods, and goals for theology, well, here it is, case in point.
1. Methodist Quadrilateral
2. Driver, Patterns of Grace
3. Theologia Germanica
4. Kolb, Bound Choice, Election, and Wittenberg Theological Method
5. Bayer, Martin Luther's Theology
6. Charry, "Experience"
7. Zahl, The Holy Spirit and Christian Experience
8. See also our previous episodes on Athanasius, the Blumhardts, Nenilava, and American Revivalism
Do you rejoice every other Tuesday to see a new Queen of the Sciences episode appear? Then consider supporting us on Patreon. You can start at just $2 a month; more gets you swag. Or just pay us a visit at sarahhinlickywilson.com and paulhinlicky.com!
It is Free