In this episode of Chan with a Plan, Max speaks with Sarah Wallace, a Certified Enneagram Coach, host of the Enneagram MBA podcast, speaker, and workshop facilitator. Sarah discusses the 9 types of personalities that people have to help them discover their true self and find a career path that aligns with their personality.
- “There were probably multiple things that were like I want to be accomplished. Yes, I want to be strong and powerful, right? Yes, I want to have integrity. We have all nine of those strategies in us. There tends to be one though, that we use most often.” – Sarah Wallace
- “There's two that I tend to focus on. One is it [Enneagram] really dives deep below the surface beyond just your behavior… The second way that it's different, and one of my favorite things about it is that it gives you a clear direction, on where to go once you understand your type.” – Sarah Wallace
- “If you've never looked under the hood of your car, to get a regular checkup, eventually it's going to burn out, it's going to break down. And so that is the challenge for a lot of us. We just keep going, doing the same thing, and having the same issues over and over...” – Sarah Wallace
- [02:04] How Sarah helps others increase career fulfillment and be happier
- [03:00] Difference between personality assessments
- [04:38] How Sarah got started
- [06:36] 9 Personality types in the Enneagram
- [08:58] Strength and weaknesses of the personality types
- [11:05] What if you don’t like your personality type
- [13:15] How’s the Enneagram work?
- [17:55] Working with people with different personalities
- [19:55] Asking questions to make sure a job fits your personality
- [25:31] Can you fix bad relationships after you find out your personality?
- [26:05] Sarah’s personality type, Type 7
- [27:30] Big learning lesson along her career
- [29:12] Next steps in redirecting your career path
- [30:33] One life lesson Sarah overcame
RESOURCES & RELEVANT LINKS
- Sarah Wallace Social Media:
- Chan With A Plan
- Max Chan on Social Media