Today’s guest has given star shows at a planetarium and is the author of Tony Jenzano, Astronaut Trainer: The Man Who Made the Stars Shine. Michael Neece is the Director of Statistical Programming at Gilead Science. Michael joins the host Valerie Cobb to share his tips for helping to grow your company's revenue.
- If you are looking to grow your revenue, it’s important to focus on the human component of your business. As humans, we flatter ourselves and make ourselves think we make decisions based on sound logic but sometimes emotions get in the way of that.
- When you are trying to build a team or working with a team, consider moving at the speed of trust. That means that you want everyone to feel comfortable speaking up or feel comfortable sharing their voice.
- People often want peace of mind and that they want to know that things are going to be OK. Coming off of the COVID pandemic, there were a lot of people who were unsure how things were going to be and how to settle back into the workforce during these times.
- Reading is a good way to gain clarity and gives you the time to relax and focus on the big-picture items in your life.
- At the end of the day, your business will always come down to the people that you surround yourself with and work with. You won’t remember all the deals you made but you will always remember the relationships you built along the way.
- A company's culture is incredibly important to make sure that runs smoothly. If the culture creates a positive environment, then employees will feel welcomed in and work harder as well as feel more comfortable sharing their beliefs and opinions.
Quote of the Show:
“You don't want to go down the wrong path because somebody was too afraid to say, hey, I think there's a better way of doing this” - Michael Neece
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelneece/
- Website: https://www.gilead.com/
- Personal Website: https://michaelgneece.com/
- Book Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1469659921/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i0
Ways to Tune In
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/7d80f727-4d62-4d16-a0c9-96ec7bda6c6b/the-revenue-maze
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-revenue-maze/id1638644167
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/6azAXp0qFgrmjcql0jeJM8
- Google Podcast - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucmV2ZW51ZW1hemUuY29tL2ZlZWQueG1s
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/A3u279SrNWA
The Revenue Maze is produced by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/