In the second special episode on Transformational Coasts, we hear from three experts about the changing coastlines of England, with specific consideration of south coast locations.
- Tim Loughton discusses the particular challenges and exciting opportunities of coastal communities.
- Uwe Dornbusch takes the physical geographical perspective on coastal change, but also reflects on the relationship between nature and people in the coastal context, and the changing perspectives on how to best manage that interface.
- Dr Charlie Thompson describes coasts as an area of exchange, both physically and socially, a dynamic system that needs to be managed as a whole rather than controlled in parts.
Pod cast hosts-
- Dr Sien van der Plank, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Exeter / Visting Researcher, University of Southampton
- Dr Wassim Dbouk, Marine and Maritime Policy Research Fellow, University of Southampton