Host Natasha Levinger and her co-host/husband/producer, Brett, are so excited to have author Nicholas Pearson on the show. They talk about crystals and stones and Nicholas's new book, Crystal Basics Pocket Encyclopedia: The Energetic, Healing, and Spiritual Power of 450 Gemstones.
In this episode, they discuss:
- Nicholas's start in minerals at 8yo with his grandfather
- How science & spirituality are describing the same things in crystals
- The historic and living spiritual practices with crystals & minerals
- His random but fateful assignment to work in a natural history museum
- the importance of personal experience
- The drawn between certain rocs and certain people
- Meditating on a stone before learning the geology of it
- The geological promiscuity of copper
- Nicholas's personal approach to getting to know stones
- His personal approach to getting to know stones
- Inviting crystals or stones to work with you
- The environmental and ethical implications of the mineral trade
- What to do when a crystal breaks
- The effect of shape on a crystal
- That time Jon Stewart almost ran over Natasha
- Unlearning self-criticism
- Investigating areas where you are blocked
- Considering your actual capacity when making plans
- Controversy! Natasha likes TikTok!
- This week's energy report
- And more!
- Pre-order Natasha's new book, Healing Your Inner Child, and get a free class on inner validation. Details at highestlighthealing.com.
- You can learn about about Natasha's 3-month mentorship offering, Awakening at highestlighthealing.com
- Don't forget to rate/review us on Apple Podcasts and Spotify and tell your friends about us
- Also, if you sign up for Natasha's newsletter, you'll get three free guided audio meditations, including one on clearing your chakras!
- Send questions or show topic suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting to Know Woo is a weekly podcast dedicated to dispelling the rhetoric that so-called "woo-woo" practices such as energy work, energy healing, inner child healing, chakra clearing, and more are impractical and ineffective, and instead are pragmatic, transformative, and powerful.
Mentioned in the show:
- Nicholas's website
- Nicholas's instagram
- Nicholas's tiktok
- The Problem with Jon Stewart
- The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players