Host Natasha Levinger and her co-host/husband/producer, Brett, are so excited to talk with indigenous medicine woman Asha Frost, author of You Are the Medicine.
In this episode, they discuss:
- Asha's viral blog post "Dear White Woman Who Wants to Be Like Me"
- The experience of appropriation and disrespect for indigenous lived experience
- The overwhelming experience of receiving hostility
- Taking up space as an indigenous voice to shift the narrative around the use of indigenous practices
- Working through putting yourself out there as an introvert
- Humility is not equal to smallness
- Honoring the individual gifts everyone has
- Seeing ourselves as equal to--not above--other living things
- Growth & life going in cycles
- The anti-hustle message of bear medicine
- Asha's diagnosis with lupus at age 17
- Exerting your sacred no
- Practices for healing ancestral trauma
- How "resilience" can bypass healing
- Normalizing things not being easy
- Too much talk about wordle
- Natasha's on meth now...well dexmethylphenidate
- Time confusion during pandemic
- And more!
- Get a free class on inner validation when you pre-order Natasha's new book, Healing Your Inner Child. Details at highestlighthealing.com.
- You can learn about about Natasha's 3-month mentorship offering, Awakening at highestlighthealing.com
- Don't forget to rate/review us on Apple Podcasts and Spotify and tell your friends about us
- Also, if you sign up for Natasha's newsletter, you'll get three free guided audio meditations, including one on clearing your chakras!
- Send questions or show topic suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting to Know Woo is a bi-weekly podcast dedicated to dispelling the rhetoric that so-called "woo-woo" practices such as energy work, energy healing, inner child healing, chakra clearing, and more are impractical and ineffective, and instead are pragmatic, transformative, and powerful.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Asha's website
- Asha's latest book, You Are the Medicine
- Asha's instagram
- Asha's oracle deck, The Sacred Medicine Oracle