Kids & Family:Parenting
Selfless Leadership: Foster Care and Adoption – Nanette Brown, Part 3
"One of the keys in raising teenagers is even if they're good and they're compliant, we still need to be in tune with where they're at emotionally, mentally, we need to be checking in." - Nanette Brown
In this episode of the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast, Yvette Hampton and Nanette Brown discuss the challenging yet rewarding journey of foster care and adoption. Nanette shares her personal story of how she and her family got involved in foster care, highlighting the impact it had on their family and homeschooling experience. She offers valuable insights into navigating the foster care system and provides encouragement for families considering foster care or adoption.
Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast been a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. Would you please consider a year-end gift to support the Schoolhouse Rocked ministry?Recommended Resources:
Podcast Note-Taking Guide
Raising Kids To Be Leaders YouTube Channel
Instagram - @a_nanette_brown
"Homeschooling is a Powerful Tool" - Nanette and Rod Brown in Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution
Summit Ministries Student Conferences - Give your kids an unshakeable faith! Summit Ministries Student Conferences give teens and young adults reasons to trust the biblical foundation you’ve laid for them. Get a $200 discount on their in-person conference by using code SCHOOLHOUSE24 at checkout. And receive an additional $200 off with their Early Bird Discount when you register by March 31st.Discussion Questions:
1. Do you have any friends of family, or is your family involved in foster care or adoption? How has that experience impacted your view of leadership and service?
2. What are some ways that fostering leadership in children can be linked to actively serving others, such as through foster care or adoption?
3. How do you think serving and supporting foster families can impact the lives of the children and the families involved? Have you seen examples of strong church or community support for foster families?
4. Nanette highlighted the importance of support and connections with other foster parents and organizations. Have you observed the power of support networks and community resources in easing the challenges of foster care and adoption, or in your homeschool journey?
5. What role does faith play in the decision to become a foster parent or adopt? How might faith and trust in God's provision impact the journey of fostering or adopting children, especially those with complex needs?
6. Nanette mentioned the value of creating strategies and setting expectations when incorporating new children, whether through fostering or adoption. How important do you believe these strategies and expectations are for maintaining a healthy family dynamic?
7. What encouragement can you draw from Nanette's experience and insights into the challenges and rewards of foster care and adoption? How might her story influence your perspective on serving and leading in this way?
📚📖 Ready to start homeschooling? 🏠📓
🍿 Stream Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution 🍿 for FREE today and get the 📖 Homeschool Survival Kit 📖 delivered to your inbox immediately!
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Are you in need of a fresh vision for your homeschool? Join us for 4 days of Homeschool Encouragement at the Homegrown Generation Family Expo. Use the coupon code PODCAST to save 25% on registration today!
Be the most popular mom in your co-op. Get your Schoolhouse Rocked merch here.SPONSORS:
CTCMath - CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ's power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
Summit Ministries – Summit Ministries Student Conferences give teens and young adults reasons to trust the biblical foundation you’ve laid for them. Get a $200 discount on their in-person conference by using code SCHOOLHOUSE24 at checkout. And receive an additional $200 off with their Early Bird Discount when you register by March 31st.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.
Connect with us:
@schoolhouse_rocked on Instagram
Schoolhouse Rocked on Facebook
Schoolhouse Rocked on YouTube
@SRHomeschool on Twitter
Schoolhouse Rocked Website (Blog, Newsletter, Support, Store, Movie, and More!)
It is Free