A sermon by Stuart Pearson at St Tom’s Big Weekend 13. This is the second in a series of four talks on the topic of 'Tough Questions for Dummies'.
This talk is entitled 'Gearing Up for Tough Questions' and was delivered on the 7th of September 2013.
- Socrates, Plato and the Apostle Peter
- A definition of Christian apologetics
- The characteristics required
- Personal characteristics:
- Prepared to fail
- Christian characteristics
- Persuasive (Acts 18:4)
- Dependence on God (Acts 13:46-48)
- Flexibility - able to change approach (1 Cor 9:19-23)
- Principled - not trying to trick, coerce or force (1 Thess 2:3-4)
- Love (2 Cor 5:11-15)