ngAir 84 - Creating Angular 2 UI Libraries with Kyle Ledbetter
Creating Angular 2 UI Libraries
● Intros to everyone and their interest in creating UI Libraries
● CSS and handling styles in UI libraries
● How do you embed css in ui components for distribution?
● How can you distribute sass/less files as well?
● How do you manage parent/children component communication? For example with a tabs component
● What are the important points to check when you want to make your component compatible with AoT?
● How do you build the project where you dev the components (use cli, roll your own server/build/etc)?
● How do you make ui components that work on all environments (browser, web workers, electron, server side, nativescript…)
● Managing documentation for how users consume/implement your components
● What is your strategy for testing your components?
● What is on your wish list that would make everyone’s lives easier?
○ Example of component lib: https://github.com/ocombe/ng2-translate
○ Life Lessons Learned on AngularAir https://devchat.tv/adv-in-angular/114-aia-life-lessons-from-angular-air-jeff-whelpley-angular-remote-conf
○ AoT compilation for webpack:
○ Getcovalent.com would be my plug
○ Guardians 2! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WhQcK-Zaok
○ Nice educational project (non-profit) written with Angular2
It is Free