Student Affairs Live - Contested Issues Debate from #ACPA17
Join Student Affairs Live co-hosts Heather Shea and Tony Doody as they moderate six fast-paced, eight minute, one-on-one debates between legendary thought leaders in student affairs.
The session will explore controversial topics in higher education. The session will include feedback from the live audience and twitter.
- Create or Cultivate: Will our culture’s obsession with innovation lead us to neglect maintenance and maintainers?
- Authenticity: Should we reveal our authentic self in our professional capacity?
- Graduate Preparation: Are Masters program adequately preparing professionals for the field?
- Debate is Effective: Is debating an effective method of discourse?
- Scope of Higher Education: Are the services and opportunities provided to today’s students are beyond the scope of the academic mission?
- Consolidation: Should ACPA and NASPA merge to one student affairs association?
It is Free