Sports & Recreation:Outdoor
129F - Etiquette and Safety for Turkey Hunting Public Land
Etiquette and Safety for Turkey Hunting Public Land
This week, I speak with Corporal Dave Painter with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources about etiquette and safety for turkey hunting public land.
Corporal Painter has been a conservation officer with the state of Michigan for over 20 years, and he has hands on experience in dealing with lots of hunters on lots of public land and dealing with issues that arise in those situations.
1. having other hunters come into the area you are hunting while you are working turkeys and how you should handle that situation.
2. how to handle the situation when you arrive at your public land hunting spot and someone else is in the area.
3. the issues that walk-in hunting areas can present for us as we often don't have vehicles parked in a specific area to let others know we are hunting there.
4. confronting someone who is doing something unethical on public land.
5. confronting someone who is doing something illegal on public land.
6. first hand accounts of situations that have arisen in the past between hunters on public land, and
7. the story of his most recent successful turkey hunt and the one or two things that made that hunt a success.
In addition to the interview with Corporal Painter, I share the lost interview from the NWTF Convention and Sports Show in Nashville from this past February.
To subscribe to The Turkey Hunter podcast premium content, please click the following link and submit your payment, create a username and password, and use those to log into the Podbean app on your mobile device or at www.theturkeyhunterpodcast.com.
To subscribe to premium content, please click this link: https://www.podbean.com/premium-signup/qqm4i-18c9a5/The+Turkey+Hunter+Podcast+with+Andy+Gagliano+%7C+T
It is Free