128 Unlocked: Hustle is for Losers
“Hustle” is the most prominent advice today for entrepreneurs.
And Hustle is For Losers.
Let me share why with some learnings from our guests.
For 3 reasons:
1) If you are or want to be an entrepreneur and you need to be told to work hard you should go get “a good government job”, not start a company!
2) If you’re hustling in a shitty category, it's a waste of your talent.
3) Category queen economics apply.
What should wanapreneurs and entrepreneurs think about?
1) Struggle NOT Hustle:
Struggle (Verb) Google: “strive to achieve or attain something in the face of difficulty or resistance.”
2) Our friend and guest, Ann Miura-Ko who Forbes calls, “the most powerful women in startups, says, “Have Big Dreams”
3) Her partner, also our friend and guest Mike Maples, Jr. says: “The first thing that I like to emphasize to people when they start a company is: start a company that’s worthy of your talents, that you think represents the absolute utmost gift you have to offer to this world and your life.”
It is Free