Luke Meek is an internationally touring production manager for the likes
of: Lissie, NEEDTOBREATH, Owl City, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness,
Tyrone Wells, Stephen Kellogg, The Nadas and the list goes on… Luke became
a good friend of mine from our time working together and traveling the
world with Owl City as soon as I heard about what’s been happening with him
lately, I knew we had to sit down and talk the next time we were in the
same city together.
Maybe you’re someone who feels unsettled in their career and is looking for
a change, Maybe you’re a music lover/concert goer and curious about what a
production manager’s role is, Maybe you’re a musician who's on tour or
hopes to one day tour looking for some advice, Maybe you’re a freelancer or
entrepreneur looking for tips on how to live a sustainable balanced life…
We talk about all of it. Enjoy.
In this episode we talk about:
- Balancing “Fake it till yo make it” and authenticly knowing when to ask
- Believing that you’re never too old to change in life whether it’s
personally or professionally.
- ‘Time is Currency’ Finding your own work/life balance
- How music has taken an Iowa boy all over the world
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with your significant other while on
the road: Advice and Stories
- Understanding the ‘bell curve' of career/finances/personal time and
learing to live in the middle instead of the extremes: ‘Keeping your life
- The unglamorous side of touring: it’s still work
- Advice/Tips for musicians and crew while on the road with music
- Embracing “It’s not about me!”: Just because you’re on stage, doesn’t
mean you can be a diva
- The importance of cultivating a good work ethic
- Realizing your attitude, good or bad, has influence on everyone around
- Figuring out your professional career identity and realizing that’s
different than your personal identity: Your work doesn’t define you.
- Understanding that life’s doors don’t alway open clearly, sometimes you
need to take a calculated risk before you find the clear answers.
Thanks to our special guests (both of our wives) that drank and hung with
us during our convo.
Recording Location: Volstead’s Emporium Speakeasy, Secret Location
Somewhere In Minneapolis
Drinks: Deliciously Crafted Whisky Cocktails and Wine
For Links, Guest’s Info, Show Notes and pictures of Luke and us guys
devouring noodles in South Korea Visit: www.thecuriouspod.com