Sports & Recreation
68: Troy Cameron- Head Baseball Coach, St. Thomas Aquinas HS (FL)
This episode is brought to you by baseballcloud.
Summary:In this episode of Ahead of the Curve, I talk with Troy Cameron, past professional baseball player in the Atlanta Braves farm system. Today, Troy gives back to the community as Head Coach St. Thomas Aquinas High School. Troy shares his tips on how he develops a killer training program for his team on and off the field
3 Key Points:
- “If you create the right culture, and that culture can kind of grow in a direction that you see it and wanted to be in every year, you have your chance to put your stamp on it.” – Troy.
- “You gotta have your top guy that everybody looks up to on your team as the man, this guy is the guy. If he's too good to sweep the sheds, or he's too good to pick up the helmet back, then you're in trouble.” – Troy.
- “We try to find as many things we can off the field to get these guys together. And that challenge is certainly one of the things I look forward to every year.¨–Troy
- “Our situations are what we really focus in on.¨–Troy
- “Play to your strengths and and you'll be able to play the game as long as you're meant to play it.¨–Troy
- “One of the core strengths was the communication.¨–Troy
- ¨I don't want them to feel like they're forced to have to play for me because I'm their coach. I want to know they want to play for me¨–Troy
It is Free