Society & Culture
ciplantgo#1: Saori Kondo, Tokyo Vegan Meetup co-organizer extraordinaire - veganism, positivity and love
Saori Kondo is the co-organizer of the Tokyo Vegan Meetup group. One of the first things that struck me upon meeting Saori early 2018 was her incredibly positive energy, backed up by an awesome smile. As a co-organizer of the Tokyo Vegan meetups, she does her best to talk to everyone showing up at the group’s events, which means you will probably not be able to enjoy her presence for more than a few minutes at a time. Still, even if for a very short time, you will definitely feel genuine caring vibes emanating from her. Saori is the antithesis of the angry vegan: her love for life and all living beings makes her shine with positivity.
In this interview, we cover her path to veganism, her experience as a vegan living in Tokyo, how she became co-organizer of the Tokyo Vegan meetup group, what kind of and how much work comes with that job. Then, we finally end the podcast by some rapid fire questions. Her story is unique in a lot of ways, and I hope you will find it as interesting as I did.
- 0:01:40s - Presentation of the Tokyo Vegan Meetup (TVM) group and their activities
- 0:03:10s - Saori’s path to veganism
0:06:18s - Saori’s first steps as a vegetarian/vegan in Japan
0:07:35s - Starting to attend TVM
0:09:30s - Saori’s social life as a plant-based person in Tokyo
0:13:20s - Saori’s change to veganism
0:22:45s - Saori’s diet habits since becoming vegan
- 0:26:35s - Becoming a TVM co-organizer
- 0:30:30s - What is a TVM co-organizer doing exactly?
0:42:00s - How much hours is Saori working for TVM, and what would be the job TVM could ask to an extra pair of hands
- 0:46:35s - Most positive/negative aspect of having become vegan
- 0:49:30s - Rapid fire questions
Introduction BGM: "Corporate Japan" by Birocratic (http://birocratic.lnk.to/allYL)
Additional notes and links
- Tokyo Vegan Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/fr-FR/vegan-389/
- Vegan Tokyo: https://vegantokyo.org/
- ciplantgo Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ciplantgo/
It is Free