Society & Culture:Places & Travel
Expat Files - 07.19.19
Descriptions- EXPAT FILES SHOW #872 FRI, JULY 19 (07-19-2019): `
#1- Everything you need to know about the cost of traffic fines and moving violations including the cost of traffic tickets throughout Latin America(both on and off the gringo tourist trail) including:
· DUI’s and open liquor incidents
· Driving with an expired driver’s license (or no valid license)
· Illegal turns, speeding and reckless driving
· Running stop signs and/or red lights
· Getting your car impounded by the cops. They might take it(or not), and how to avoid that stressful eventuality.
· Cell phone use violations, seat-belt laws, mechanically unsafe vehicles, cracked windshields and burnt out tail and/or headlights, etc.
#2- What Latinos don’t know about their own history could fill 100 books:
Today we explain the rigid Latino social class system and how it relates all the way back to Columbus. Why do so few Latinos, even college educated ones, know so little about the embarrassing and genocidal legacy of the Spanish conquistadors (but then again, 95% of North Americans don’t know squat about their own history either)
#3- The annoying persistence of flat tires (pinchazos). What gringos and expats need to know about those experiences.
#4- For your copy of JOHNNY MUELLER’S- 100 PAGE “LATIN AMERICAN HEALTHCARE REPORT” go to the following link:
#5- Check out my “The Expat Files” You Tube channel. See all the fun slides and photos that go along with each show. There are now more than 150 shows posted on my YouTube channel so have a look.
#6- For more of Johnny’s reports, comments, adventures, news, surprises the famous “Expat Concierge Service” and more, check out: newexpat.com
It is Free