Society & Culture:Documentary
ILP-0081: Coronavirus In Canada - Know The Facts!
Understandably, the coronavirus has become a worldwide health concern. It's a hot topic everywhere today. However, there is a lot of misinformation about it especially in the online world which has extended and is influencing our habits, interactions with people and even economics. As a result of this, this episode serves to highlight salient truths about it, what we can do to protect ourselves and others as well as how to get access to authentic information about coronavirus in Canada.
It is not caused by the Chinese or your Chinese colleague, friend, classmate or neighbor of Chinese heritage that you never really liked. This is a viral infection so the way to take care of yourself is typical with most other viral infections:
1. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or if you prefer, an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
2. Sneeze into your inner arm/elbow
3. If possible, don't touch your eyes, nose, and mouth.
4. Avoid (don't stigmatize) anyone with flu-like symptoms - cough, cold, fever, etc. And if you are in a public place, respectfully maintain a distance of at least 1 meter according to the World Health Organization's advice.
5. That said, stay home if you feel ill. Just talk to your employer.
Authentic up to date information about #coronavirus in Canada:
Contact the Public Health Agency of Canada's coronavirus information line: 1-833-784-4397 or visit https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health.html
Join the Immigrant Life community here: https://community.immigrantlife.ca/signup
It is Free