Religion & Spirituality:Christianity
04-16-20 Kevin Goins - The Church's Ministry of Healing, John 9:6 part 1
“Anatomy of an Illness: The Church’s Ministry of Healing” John 9:6 (Part 1)
I First, sickness gets our attention and it gets the attention of Jesus (9:1).
II Second, sickness makes us uncomfortable (9:2).
III Third, sickness is caused by alienation (9:2).
IV Fourth, oftentimes our best theological or commonsense explanations for sickness are not good enough (9:3a).
V Fifth, sometimes sickness happens for a good reason, so that God can be glorified in our life (9:3b).
VI Sixth, all believers in Jesus are called to help sick people find health (9:4).
VII Seventh, sickness is a work of the kingdom of darkness; healing is a work of the Kingdom of light (9:5).
VIII Eighth, the __________ of healing is very important (9:6).
-What do we learn from this verse?
A. First, we see that how Jesus healed was in accordance with God’s __________ and in accordance with the principles of the Kingdom of ___________.
1. We are about to come to the actual miracle of Jesus healing this man, but before we get to that, John reminds us once again that this act of healing happened because of what Jesus j_________ s__________.
2. The fact that Jesus heals this man immediately after his words in verses _____ and _____ makes three things clear:
a. First, the act of healing which Jesus is about to perform is the kind of thing ___________ sent Jesus to do.
b. Second, this work of healing is also the kind of act Jesus says ___________ must do while it is still _________, before night comes.
1. Satan only attempts to pervert those things that are ______________.
2. Therefore, the reason many are perverting the ministry of healing is because healing is a g__________ work of God for the g___________ of his creatures.
c. Third, God the Father is just as interested in meeting the physical needs of people as ______________ was.
1. The Old Testament does not give us the c_____________ picture of God the Father. That is what ___________ came to this earth to do.
2. This means that Jesus wants us to know that showing c_____________ through healing is God’s idea.
3. God wants for sickness and disease to be d_____________ in the life of each person.
It is Free