Comments (1)

To leave or reply comments, please download free Podbean iOS App or Android App.

Yes, get a lawyer. I have taught these kids. Many school systems have some nutty idea that they have to fit the kids in. The reality is that you have the right to a free and appropriate public education. So, this year,get a child advocate if you can. You could also get a parent advocate but the former may be more likely to build a bridge so tonspeak, with the school. The school system is REQUIRED to provide the full range of educational settings and support. If they can't they have to pay for it. They can not say that they don't have the space,the staff, or what not. If he is going to try mainstreaming then he needs to have a one on one doing some shaddowing-visiting-practice and preparation. Get an advocate.

9 months ago reply 0