Mark and Russell are the best at putting this show on. This is one of the best custom call shows period

I did email you the location of two public areas I hunt, the day after your whining response on the podcast lol. Never heard a response didn’t really expect one. You have the locations put up or shut up either way stop pretending

So happy to hear you enjoyed the show! Thanks for listening!

@bobdills79 : Awesome show and audio!! 52.52 goosebumps!!

Thank you! I appreciate your listening to the show, and I'm glad you are enjoying it!

@Clb9er : Great podcast! Defiantly worth the subscription

Meh, you might be right... I may be delusional about my abilities. But, until you give me the combo to the lock on your hunting lease/farms and written permission for me to hunt there or the GPS coordinates for the piece of public land you hunt, then I guess we will never know. I mean, after all, you are implying I don't have the ability to kill a turkey on my own, so surely you have nothing to worry about in sharing that information with me. My email address is in the intro and outro of every episode. I'll be looking for your email. So many other things are wrong about the rest of your comment that are not even worth addressing until you put your money where your mouth is and get me on your hunting property.

@dphillips1916 : You say you are a Turkey “Killer” then why didn’t you leave the guide in the truck lol. You listened to all his commands because you were desperate to kill a turkey. Even if I was too lazy to find my own turkeys and paid to hunt private land I would not let someone else do the calling....period. Even if legal requirements require the guide to be with you on the property nothing says you have to let the guide do the calling or direct the setups. I think your delusional on your hunting abilities and the difference in doing the US Slam on your own and hiring guides or piggy backing others to there spots in there state cannot be over stated. Kinda like the first people to climb Everest and the huge lines of people standing on the mountain waiting there turn that happens now. A huge amount of work and determination for the first ones and then a bunch of people paying to follow the leader. Lessens the whole thing imo

Great podcast! Defiantly worth the subscription

Awesome show and audio!! 52.52 goosebumps!!

So glad you found the episode to be helpful. Mark is a great guy! Lots of great tips for running any style call in this episode. Thanks for commenting and listening to the show! Best of luck to you this spring and please be safe!

@zoezqe : I found Mark Sharpe to be very helpful. I too plan on killing birds with a trumpet call. He had some nice tips, especially learning how to call softly so as to learn air control.

Thanks a bunch for listening and for leaving a comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the episode. The air operated calls are definitely all turkey.

@scgobbler : Excellent podcast. Only problem, we are gonna have more hunters in the woods using trumpets.

I really like that idea, and I will put something together on that topic.

@wokydt : Could u do a show on snakes while turkey hunting. I've seen quite a few the last few years more than the past

Sir, thank you for your comment. I can certainly understand not wanting to pay for some things in life. I consider myself to be really tight with money; so, with all due respect, I get you. However, I spend 8 - 12 hours per week every single week working on this podcast in addition to my hard costs associated to keep it available for listeners to hear. Sponsors, especially ones in the outdoors industry, are not paying high enough prices to sponsor podcasts because of the saturation of the medium. Of course, the big shows, like This American Life, etc, are getting high sponsorship fees. But a show with a very small niche like The Turkey Hunter, can't garner the type of money needed from sponsors to justify its continuation. Therefore, I had to come up with a new and better idea. The subscription format of this show is the result of that need for a new and better idea. Millions of people pay subscriptions for commercial free services (Netflix, HBO, Showtime, Pay Per View, Pandora, etc, etc, etc). This podcast is no different than those services those companies provide by charging their viewers and listeners. If you would like to hear more about why I went to a subscription show format, then listen to episode number 125 (which is about one hour of free content, by the way, just like the other 125 other free episodes that are available for everyone to hear). If not and the $1.50 per month to pay to hear about 1.5 - 2 more hours of turkey hunting content commercial free is too much to pay, then we can agree to disagree. I wish you the best of luck in life and in chasing wild turkey birds. Shoot straight and be safe out there. Someone is counting on you to make it home safely. All the best, Andy Gagliano

@negvkv : My hunting buddy told me about your podcast. So, I’ve listened to a couple of your podcasts. I think it’s pretty bad that you have guests that come on your show and then you charge people to be able to here what they say. I can’t afford to be paying for podcasts. Therefore I will not be listening to any more of your podcasts.