Advanced podcast marketing features help you share your voice with the world.
Take advantage of the power of the internet for podcast marketing. Social sharing tools make it easy to spread the word about your podcast. Your distribution-ready RSS feed means you can publish your podcast to iTunes, Wordpress, and podcast apps automatically. Podbean’s partnership with Spotify gives you access to another audience of potential podcast listeners. Auto-share your podcast across social networks like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Tumblr. You can also use our Embeddable Players to embed your podcast easily into your website or blog.
Nowadays, podcast marketing is all about mobile listening. Reach your audience anytime, anywhere with the popular Podbean iPhone and Android apps. They can stay updated with new episode notifications and instantly stream or download podcasts to play offline. Staying top of mind with listeners is a key component of maximizing your podcast marketing.
Whether in the office or at home, your listeners can now find and play your podcasts with voice commands to Alexa for Echo and other devices.
Podbean’s SEO-friendly interface allows best practices like podcast title and meta tags so your podcast gets found on search engines quickly.
Podbean offers special feature opportunities in the Podbean directory and our app. We can help put you front and center to attract new listeners. Additionally, the Podbean app helps users with discoverability via topics, categories, recommendations and suggestions based on their listening habits.
Podbean’s supportive Podcasting Smarter community provides opportunities to cross-promote, collaborate and learn from other podcasters. We offer podcast marketing educational tools, from our Podcasting Smarter podcast to Youtube tutorials and a blog catalog on various topics.
1. Develop your show concept, title, description, artwork, etc. with your audience in mind. Think about what potential listeners will search for (podcast title and episode titles are especially key for podcast app SEO) and what will attract them. Determine your format and how often you want to publish. Consistent publishing helps meet expectations for listeners.
2. Make sure your show is accessible in all the places listeners go to find podcasts. When doing podcast marketing, you want potential listeners to have an easy path to get your podcast. Submit to iTunes, Google Play and popular podcast directories. With Podbean, you can also submit directly to Spotify and get automatically included in our directory and app.
3. Share your podcast! Make sure you have social media accounts for your show and set up automatic social sharing. Find relevant groups where your potential audience “hangs out” to promote and share. Be helpful and make connections with other podcasters, bloggers, influencers, etc. Make it easy for your guests to share your show too.
4. Engage with your audience. Interact on social media and in the Podbean app. Podbean’s in-app comments are a great way to build audience engagement. Consider setting up a Podbean patron campaign--this is not only a great way to turn listeners into financial supporters, but to further their sense of partnership with your podcast.
5. Keep learning! There are all kinds of opportunities for creative podcast marketing. Take time to read blogs, watch videos and listen to podcasts about podcasting (and specifically podcast marketing). Learn from the wisdom of others and don’t hesitate to ask questions. The podcasting community tends to be highly supportive and open. Our Podbean team prides ourselves on supporting podcasters of all levels in developing. Join our community and reach out for help.
No credit card required.