Welcome to Fiat Lex, a podcast about dictionaries by people who write them! Yes, really.
- blow your minds by telling you that "the dictionary" doesn't exist;
- talk about how new words get into dictionaries (not by petition, so STOP ASKING) and how that's not as straightforward a process as you would think;
- explain how lexicographers find new words, which sometimes involves beer and diapers;
- touch on how words get taken out of dictionaries, and how that's not as straightforward a process as you would think, either. Assuming you think about such things. (Who are we kidding here?)
- Kory spells a word aloud correctly, which will probs never happen again;
- Steve channels Chumley the Walrus and then goes right into fancy linguist talk about velars and coronals;
- Tennessee represents!
Allsorts 2: "Match Game" Wednesday [EXPLICIT]
Oakgarry, Oak Ross: Always Be Copyediting
Friends with Words: More Jesse Sheidlower [EXPLICIT]
Friends With Words: Jesse Sheidlower [EXPLICIT]
I Want to Be A Dord
Beginnings, or, Ježíšmaria/Paskan marjat
The End of the Line (Literally)
My Blue God: Hard Words
Pronunciations, or You Say "Diaeresis" and I Say "Diaeresis"
Descriptivism and Prescriptivism
Inspirational Living: Life Lessons for Success & Happiness
Duolingo Spanish Podcast
The Tony Robbins Podcast
The Jordan B. Peterson Podcast
The Jordan Harbinger Show
Code and preview