Religion & Spirituality:Christianity
Today Pastor Brad preaches a timely stand alone message he calls America's Only Hope.
2 Chronicles 7:12-14 NKJV
Then the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him: “I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice.
13 When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
Good morning, everybody!
What a joy it is to be in God's house with His people.I had fully intended to finish my series today on making room, but I just couldn’t get peace in that direction, although I still had a ton I could say. Yet while I am praying over our nation, I’m deeply burdened by the division morally, politically, and spiritually,
In the months to come, we will be approaching a very heated election. Get ready for the emails, robo calls, ruthless paid commercials of politicians slinging mud at each other, all with the promise of “I can do a better job than they can.”
Birthed out of the thoughts and prayers over the last few weeks, I wanted to preach a message this morning entitled “America’s Only Hope”.
When you turn on the news, all you hear about are our presidential candidates promising us the world. Some say they will cut taxes and have health reform, yet others say they will continue to "Make America Great Again”. While I do appreciate our president, the only thing that will truly make America great again is a move of God!
Our hope is not in Washington.
Our hope is not in a political party.
Our hope is in the Jesus!
America's Only Hope is a genuine move of God across this nation.
You see, we can fuss at the TV. We can fuss at the school system. We can fuss at the everything around us, but the truth of the matter is, the condition of America has partly to do with the condition of the church.
In our text this morning, Solomon is dedicating the glorious temple that he had built for God. In the passage, it is referenced about the judgement that would often come upon the land because of the condition of the people. Yet Solomon shares with us that God’s plan is always restoration and redemption!
We live in a day of distorted grace where people would say that God doesn’t judge things anymore, and that we shouldn’t preach things like this. However, let me give you this shocking New Testament passage:
1 Peter 4:17-18 NKJV
17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 Now
“If the righteous one is scarcely saved,
Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?”
Church, it’s time to wake up!
The same truth that was shared with Israel that would lead to her rebound is the same thing that will help us. Let’s look at the three things mentioned in the passage.
APPLICATION 1. Humility
- The first thing we see in our scripture is a call to humility!
- To have humility is to not think too highly of yourself. Confidence is one thing, but pride is another!
- American pride is something that has been pumped into us from grade school. I agree we should love our country, but we should at times be ashamed at the things going on in our nation.
- Legalized abortions, gay marriage, promotion of drugs and alcohol, pornography production, and vile movies all hail from within our borders.
- We must humble ourselves.
- We must pray and seek His face.
- This speaks of spiritual hunger.
- Revival always happens when people turn from their current state and start seeking after God. Matthew 5 tells us “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.”
- Until the church is willing to get serious about prayer and seeking the face of God, we won’t see a move like we could.
- The next thing we see is repentance. That is not just being sorrowful. Many come to an altar and cry, and they think that is repentance. Repentance is changing the mind and the direction.
- The church has to turn from their wicked ways. What wicked ways? - Idolatry (Not just statues in 2020).
- Sexual perversion.
- Spiritual laziness.
- We must again not go into legalism, but walk in true holiness and contriteness of spirit.
When we do this, He will forgive our sin and heal our land.
You Asked For It: How Can I Know the Will of God?
Pay It Forward:What Does Pentecost Mean to Me?
Pay It Forward: The Necessity of Personal Evangelism
He Gave Gifts: The Evangelist
Pay It Forward: Answering the Call to Missions
Next Level Living: Overcoming the Fear of Failure
Next Level Living: Overcoming Offense
We Believe - The New Heaven and the New Earth
Next Level Living: Overcoming Loss ft. Pastor Susan Nordin
We Believe - The Final Judgement
Next Level Living: Overcoming the Fear of Death
We Believe - The Millennial Reign
Next Level Living: Overcoming the Fear of Lack
We Believe: The Blessed Hope
Raise the Standard: What Kind of Friend Are You?
We Believe: Diving Healing
We Believe - The Church and It’s Mission
Raise The Standard: A Return to Repentance
We Believe: Sanctification
Won’t He Do It?!? - There’s Another in the Fire
Men in the Arena - Christian Men’s Podcast
Christ is All: Frank Viola Audio
Voice of Reason Radio
Kingdom Power Fellowship Int’l
Being Love In Action Podcast Audio
The Bible Recap
The Bible in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz)